Moving my shop from 1.6.0.9 to 1.7

optionsmegastore

Hello everyone, i would appreciate any kind of help regarding moving my shop from 1.6.0.9 to 1.7 because i was ranking on top 1 page on google and i m feeling lately im getting many errors that i am not able to fix while using the old prestashop.so i either have to do a migration, merging into 1.7(which  i dont know if it's even possible or not) or to move all the way and start building a new website while losing every ranking i had in my last 7 years using my prestashop.

so is it possible to do a merging without ruining my website? any professional tool? any specific way?

thank you in advance.

The quick and solid solution is MIGRATION PRO module that you can find in ADDON prestashop market.

It keeps you all the URL the same, it does not make any mess about categories, products, etc etc.

Give a look and let me know. I've used it several times....and they also have a good support.

Of course my is not a commercial suggestion, it is an operational suggestion.

In less than few minutes you will have your store upgraded.

Let me know

Regards

Fabrizio

hello, thank you for the fast replies and cooperation , i have indeed plenty of unfixable things in my 1.6.0.9 version.

but the question is, i have an integrated module which is "upgrade it" v4.14.2 , to what version this could make me reach the max? and is upgrading to version 1.7 doable?or not really.

as for the errors, i have many, yet i ll mention some of them for now.

Missing field "priceValidUntil" (in "offers")

Not Started

1,756Invalid price format in property "price" (in "offers")

Not Started

1,756Missing field "aggregateRating"

Not Started

1,754Missing field "review"

Not Started

1,754Missing field "availability" (in "offers")

Not Started

1,237Invalid ISO 4217 currency code (in "offers")

Not Started

880Either "priceCurrency" or "priceSpecification.priceCurrency" should be specified (in "offers")

Not Started

871Either "price" or "priceSpecification.price" should be specified (in "offers")

Not Started

871Missing field "ratingValue" (in "aggregateRating")

Not Started

2Either "ratingCount" or "reviewCount" should be specified (in "aggregateRating")

Not Started

2Missing field "priceCurrency" (in "offers")

N/A

0Missing field "price" (in "offers")

N/A

0Missing field "brand"

N/A

0Missing field "sku"

N/A

0No global identifier provided (e.g., gtin, brand)

N/A

Missing field "url" (in "offers")

add to this, i still have the Google merchant which is not recognizing my products photos, but taking the thumbnails and giving errors that my photos are too small.

not to mention the outdated php version i have,

anyway, please i appreciate if you just answer me regarding the versions upgrades. highly appreciated

3 hours ago, Kriter.io said:

The quick and solid solution is MIGRATION PRO module that you can find in ADDON prestashop market.

It keeps you all the URL the same, it does not make any mess about categories, products, etc etc.

Give a look and let me know. I've used it several times....and they also have a good support.

Of course my is not a commercial suggestion, it is an operational suggestion.

In less than few minutes you will have your store upgraded.

Let me know

Regards

hello, thank you for the fast replies and cooperation , i have indeed plenty of unfixable things in my 1.6.0.9 version.

but the question is, i have an integrated module which is "upgrade it" v4.14.2 , to what version this could make me reach the max? and is upgrading to version 1.7 doable?or not really.

Fabrizio

2 hours ago, Nickz said:

A version change will not help your ranking. 1.7 you should first read here in the forum what causes most errors in the version. Modules which are not up to 1.7. Update to 1.6.1.24 and you are good.

You have ranked number 1 with which keys?

as for the errors, i have many, yet i ll mention some of them for now.

Missing field "priceValidUntil" (in "offers")

Not Started

1,756Invalid price format in property "price" (in "offers")

Not Started

1,756Missing field "aggregateRating"

Not Started

1,754Missing field "review"

Not Started

1,754Missing field "availability" (in "offers")

Not Started

1,237Invalid ISO 4217 currency code (in "offers")

Not Started

880Either "priceCurrency" or "priceSpecification.priceCurrency" should be specified (in "offers")

Not Started

871Either "price" or "priceSpecification.price" should be specified (in "offers")

Not Started

871Missing field "ratingValue" (in "aggregateRating")

Not Started

2Either "ratingCount" or "reviewCount" should be specified (in "aggregateRating")

Not Started

2Missing field "priceCurrency" (in "offers")

N/A

0Missing field "price" (in "offers")

N/A

0Missing field "brand"

N/A

0Missing field "sku"

N/A

0No global identifier provided (e.g., gtin, brand)

N/A

Missing field "url" (in "offers")

add to this, i still have the Google merchant which is not recognizing my products photos, but taking the thumbnails and giving errors that my photos are too small.

not to mention the outdated php version i have,

anyway, please i appreciate if you just answer me regarding the versions upgrades. highly appreciated

Hello. The THEME is up to the company that made the theme. Usually to do any upgrade (with migration pro or using other tools) while migrating you switch to standard theme, then you check if your deisidered it is updated for your last PS version, then you switch back to your desidered Theme.

I hope it can help

Regards
Fabrizio

27 minut temu, Kriter.io napisał:

Hello. The THEME is up to the company that made the theme. Usually to do any upgrade (with migration pro or using other tools) while migrating you switch to standard theme, then you check if your deisidered it is updated for your last PS version, then you switch back to your desidered Theme.

I hope it can help

Regards
Fabrizio

If you don't feel comfortable upgrading / migrating. Hire someone to do that. Upgrading from 1.6 using 1-click module is like lottery. Depend on modules and theme you have. A better way is to make a clean 1.7.8.7 / 1.8 and migrate that data. Install new theme and modules you need. While keeping old store live until you customize the new theme.

• Like 2

what @camgrafPL writes is correct. That is what MIGRATION PRO does. It migrates all your content in a breand new installation while your SOURCE SITE is always ON. It just matches all the tables of mysql from old to new version....and, at the end, you will just have to edit DNS on your hosting service....and it will be all done and you will keep all the URL from your source site.

....so....it is completely safe, you cannot loose anything....and yes, it is always suggested to hire somebody who already knows what to do BUT, if you want to learn, just try to upgrade a demo site. Install a prestashop 1.6 and migrate it to 1.7.x using migration pro. Do it few times till you will feel comfortable with it, and then you will do it with your main site.

I repeat: there is no way to loose anything from your SOURCE site since you do not edit it or override it or cancel it. Using this tool you will CLONE all the contents in a brand new updated installation.

regards

Fabrizio

20 hours ago, optionsmegastore said:

that could well be an error of Google merchant.

Before updating make a full back up files and database