Stripe Module Table is too big, Can I delete the records

Freddykhoury

@stifler97 I tried the optimization and they got bigger :)

the website is up and tuning since 2021 and the DB is 2.4GB 

ps_guest ~1,680,131   184MB

ps_layered_price_index   ~1,518,714  242MB

ps_connections  ~1,466,227   163MB

I only have 3000 Products and about 400 orders per months 

ps_layered_price_index has the record for each product for all countries. I only delier to 1 country, can I delete the record that are not related to the delivery country?

I tried it on the test website and it is working fine 

as for the other table i am not ure what are the consequences if i empty them  

Thank you

I thought about this for a short time. This is what I came up with:

1. Make a full copy of your shop in a test server

2. Delete all unwanted countries in BO

3. Set a target on some specific and old customers

Then you can follow these steps:

1. Delete some of old rows in database which are related to thos customers, login as that customer and check funtionalitily of the shop features

2. Instead of deleting a row in database, rename the table into a new archived table and recreate that table, lets say you have problem with ps_guest, you can rename it to ps_guest-ARC-2022_jul_24 and then recreate the ps_guest as it should be. You can do this to some tables and test it.

Another thing is to separate the web server from database server. You can ask your hosting for a guid about this. I think this last option is the most promissing workaround.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stifler97 said:

I thought about this for a short time. This is what I came up with:

1. Make a full copy of your shop in a test server

2. Delete all unwanted countries in BO

3. Set a target on some specific and old customers

Then you can follow these steps:

1. Delete some of old rows in database which are related to thos customers, login as that customer and check funtionalitily of the shop features

2. Instead of deleting a row in database, rename the table into a new archived table and recreate that table, lets say you have problem with ps_guest, you can rename it to ps_guest-ARC-2022_jul_24 and then recreate the ps_guest as it should be. You can do this to some tables and test it.

Another thing is to separate the web server from database server. You can ask your hosting for a guid about this. I think this last option is the most promissing workaround.

totally agree, 90% of most questions can be answered if you first try it on a copy of your production shop.  it's the most important part of having a successful business.

• Like 1