Need help fixing Google PageSpeed recommendations

Hello,

I need some help. I've been struggling past few weeks with improving SEO of my shop, including technical side as suggested by PageSpeed Insights. I've managed to improve a lot, but it's still far from good, especially on mobile.

Links:

PageSpeed Insights - Shop's main page
PageSpeed Insights - Example category site
PageSpeed Insights - Example product

I'm mostly struggling with eliminating render-blocking resources (jquery especially, how do I delay it?) and reducing unused JavaScript, which seem to slow down my FCP and LCB on mobile devices significantly.

Would any kind soul give me some hints on how to improve further?

Cheers

1 hour ago, OzzyM said:

Hello,

I need some help. I've been struggling past few weeks with improving SEO of my shop, including technical side as suggested by PageSpeed Insights. I've managed to improve a lot, but it's still far from good, especially on mobile.

Links:

PageSpeed Insights - Shop's main page
PageSpeed Insights - Example category site
PageSpeed Insights - Example product

I'm mostly struggling with eliminating render-blocking resources (jquery especially, how do I delay it?) and reducing unused JavaScript, which seem to slow down my FCP and LCB on mobile devices significantly.

Would any kind soul give me some hints on how to improve further?

Cheers

check CCC of .js.

1. enable CCC of .js from performance page

2. visit index/category/product pages.  View source of each and see if the names are the same.  In PS 1.7 when modules/theme compliant there should be only one CCC name.js.  If not disable CCC of .js

3. it's important to note that performance is done on 'first visit', i.e. no cookie, no cache (make sure to check your mod_expires), it does not measure subsequent page visit where many assets should already be cached.

4. google measure 'above the fold' render, this is more  difficult to measure

5. Faster hosting, there are now hosting companies with vps with nvme, get nvme...this will significantly speed up data fetch

6. modify .js to use defer, this is technical but is 'huge' bang for the effort...will solve most issues

best advice, contact https://www.prestachamps.com/services/googlePageOptimization.html  they are masters at this and do it for affordable price.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, El Patron said:

check CCC of .js.

1. enable CCC of .js from performance page

2. visit index/category/product pages.  View source of each and see if the names are the same.  In PS 1.7 when modules/theme compliant there should be only one CCC name.js.  If not disable CCC of .js

3. it's important to note that performance is done on 'first visit', i.e. no cookie, no cache (make sure to check your mod_expires), it does not measure subsequent page visit where many assets should already be cached.

4. google measure 'above the fold' render, this is more  difficult to measure

5. Faster hosting, there are now hosting companies with vps with nvme, get nvme...this will significantly speed up data fetch

6. modify .js to use defer, this is technical but is 'huge' bang for the effort...will solve most issues

best advice, contact https://www.prestachamps.com/services/googlePageOptimization.html  they are masters at this and do it for affordable price.

Hey, thanks for tips!

.js names on index/category/product pages were different indeed, with CCC enabled. I've tried disabling CCC, but results got slightly worse.

I'll try to use defer on .js.

7 hours ago, OzzyM said:

Hey, thanks for tips!

.js names on index/category/product pages were different indeed, with CCC enabled. I've tried disabling CCC, but results got slightly worse.

I'll try to use defer on .js.

leave ccc off, else it loads much of the same .js every page.  you have to remember that visitors are going to most likely/hopefully click another page which if mod_expires correct load much faster.

you can only use defer on 'some' .js...others are required to load front end

also do the same file check for CCC of .css.....if not same turn that off.  if you have different one of our modules may help.

1.7 was incredible, when packing modules dev can define async/defer....but because the standard for packaging is not a requirement...it broke the this key feature, to bad.

• 5 months later...