SMTP conenction problem - Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices - 1st June

bnadauld

Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password. This is a problem for me as my email account is connected to Prestashop 1.7.8.2 via Set my own SMTP parameters (for advanced users ONLY) . I am unable to use /usr/sbin/sendmail (recommended; works in most cases) on my bitnami aws instance - not sure why??

Can anyone please recommend a solution to sort this out? |

I've tried connecting to my hosting account email server and tried creating an Outlook account but i cannot connect. Maybe there is a setting in Outlook like less secure apps in gmail that i need to set to allow third party apps??

The images show the settings that currently work for my gmail and the error when connecting to my host email server.

Maybe someone can recommend an email server that allow connection to via just username and password that i can use. In 2 days my shop will go down.

Thanks

working gmail settings.png

email error.png

Edited by bnadauld (see edit history)