Using attributes

We sell packs of greeting cards. One a customer selects a pack of 5 cards we would like him to ba able to select a maximum of 5 items from a list of different designs. Likewise a maximum of 10 designs with the 10 card pack, 20 with the 20 card pack.

2 hours ago, Nickz said:

What theme, what PS Version you are under, which module handles the sale

PS 1.7.x latest, classic theme, standard modules. The question concerns handling standard PS attributes function, I can't see how this is related to theme or modules but, indeed, maybe a module for this exists (I couldn't find one)

2 hours ago, ndiaga said:

Hi

You  have   to  add  the  maximum   of  each   pack  product  once  you  create  it.

The  easiest  way  is   to  create    an   attribute  or  feature  called  "Maximum of Items "    and   add  to  it  values  like  :   5 ;   10 and  20;

In  the  pack  product  just  select   the  value  you  want   5;  10  or  20 .  

And  then   in  the  front  office   add  a   logic   in the  template  that   will  verify   that  pack's  maximum items  and  show    an  alert  to  the  customer.

I did something close to this. I created seperate products for 5 pack, 10 pack, etc. then radio buttons for each design. The problem is how do I limit only 5 radio button selections in the 5 pack, 10 in the 10 pack and so on. Radio buttons are one selection ONLY