How do I request a refund of a module

Zapryan

I bought a module but it's not working as I have expected. The module is very costly so I would like to refund it. The developer of the module of course wants access to our website back office to check for himself, which for security reasons I cannot provide. Tried contacting Prestashop on Facebook but nobody has answered since last week. Why requesting a refund is such a hassle?

Edited by Zapryan (see edit history)

Hi Zapryan

Welcome to the forum. If you bought module on Addons store you can send a message to ask for a refund. Here is whole process copied from other thread

Here is the process to ask a refund: 

Click on the following link.

1. Send a message on the contact form to "I have a question regarding a product I bought" > "My product isn't working as I would like".

2. The developer of the module/theme will try to help you first and if you still want to get the refund, you just have to ask the developer directly.

Note that if the developer doesn't answer or if there is a dispute between you and the developer, you should send a message to "I have a question regarding a product I bought" > "I didn't get any answer to my question". The PrestaShop team will get back to you within the next 3 working days maximum. 

But note few things, you said that module is not working as you expected. Main question is does module work as advertised, I know lot of cases when customer expect something that is not advertised at all. Next, if something is not working as advertised, so there is some bug it is common thing to let developers to access your store and try to fix if there is some problem. And different problems do occur: maybe conflict with other module, PHP version, install, some settings. You said, for security reason, and that is valid point, but you did not had security concerns on getting module in first place and installing it ?  You cam provide, test/staging environment where no important data are available. But let me tell you, most of developers do not care for your data, they just want to check module and fix it.

It is bit of hassle but good luck and hope you sort the issue.

• Like 4

Okay, thank you very much. Unfortunately the module also breaks our theme and some of its functionality. I will try and see if I can get past the developer and I hope we won't get stuck in an endless spiral of him asking for access. 

• Like 1

PrestaShop is allowed to process on behalf of the Customer the Data necessary to provide the Business Care Service.

The processing of Support Data consists of having access to the Customer's Store Data, FTP access or access to the Customer's Store database when performing a Business Care Service on behalf of the Customer.

This access is necessary for PrestaShop to fulfil its contractual obligations towards the Customer and to provide the Business Care Service.

https://addons.prestashop.com/pdf/terms/terms-and-conditions-customer-addons.pdf

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2022 at 2:15 AM, Zapryan said:

I bought a module but it's not working as I have expected. The module is very costly so I would like to refund it. The developer of the module of course wants access to our website back office to check for himself, which for security reasons I cannot provide. Tried contacting Prestashop on Facebook but nobody has answered since last week. Why requesting a refund is such a hassle?

Hi, no providing developer access to your production is silly, you bought a module that loads code so you already opened that door.  At a minimum you should provide admin/ftp access to a development copy of your production shop, if you do not know how to do this there are several posts.

Your mistake is not allowing dev access for debug, of course ps will give the refund but there was something you liked about the module so you should work with the developer to help solve issue.  

Le 16/05/2022 à 2:54 PM, Zapryan a dit :

Okay, thank you very much. Unfortunately the module also breaks our theme and some of its functionality. I will try and see if I can get past the developer and I hope we won't get stuck in an endless spiral of him asking for access. 

Hi,

It is difficult to understand the interactions between a module and a complete site, personalized and therefore subject to interpretation.

The module developer's request is coherent to bring you a personalized and adapted support.

I understand your concern for security, but you must also understand that the developer of the module can be a partner for your store and there are methods to allow the intervention of it safely.

Either you create accesses limited to the only intervention of the developer, employee account, specific ftp access ...

But the best and most secure method is to have a copy of your store on which the intervention of the developer can have no impact on your business.

At some point it is necessary to have a coherence between your security choices and your need for support.

• Like 1

Soo an update: 

I made an account with limited access to the BO and an FTP account to the module's folder. The developer is totally incompetent. They have been lying for days. First they said they were going to tell me what changes they make but that was a total lie. The module, which breaks our website, has been enabled and then just left, leaving our website broken. The developer insisted he hasn't even been on our BO. Then how did the module enable itself? His next response came just a few minutes later and he said "the job has been completed" and the module was not touched since I last disabled it. LOL! What a scam. This is the module in question by the way. https://addons.prestashop.com/en/website-performance/44977-super-speed-incredibly-fast-gtmetrix-optimization.html#reviews

Not to mention, the way the show off these GTMetrix results to promote their module is a total lie. Every website with 0 products will turn up with grade A. 

I was given prestashop's support email ([email protected]) which is not responding to my emails either.. 

Edit: Can't even review their module. What a surprise!

image.png

Edited by Zapryan (see edit history)

We just removed that module on new client shop.  We always remove cache modules as they create issues that cannot be replicated.  Also same with cloudflare, we save all those that came to us bit that leaves a lot of broken shops.  The most popular ones have 100s of versions, not new feature but trying to fix what they broke.

For performance look for dedicated of vps with nvme to ssd,hdd.  It's about getting data faster, always has been always will be, performance modules are voodoo and break ps appl.