Error upgrading from 1.7.6.8 to 1.7.8.3 on PHP 7.4

jeremisiron

My web host stopped supporting PHP 7.2 so I forced into PHP 7.4, so I have to upgrade to 1.7.8.3 to work in PHP 7.4.

I did a manual upgrade using these instructions (https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/keeping-up-to-date/upgrade/) since I cannot 1-Click-Upgrade in PHP 7.4.

When I get to the step of running install/upgrade/upgrade.php in a browser (after copying over the core files, and setting _PS_MODE_DEV_ to true to show debug info), I get this series of errors:

Warning: Use of undefined constant _PS_ENV_ - assumed '_PS_ENV_' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/MYPATH/public_html/shop/install/init.php on line 97

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'FOS\JsRoutingBundle\FOSJsRoutingBundle' not found in /home/MYPATH/public_html/shop/app/AppKernel.php:61 Stack trace: #0 /home/MYPATH/public_html/shop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/Kernel.php(488): AppKernel->registerBundles() #1 /home/MYPATH/public_html/shop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/Kernel.php(132): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Kernel->initializeBundles() #2 /home/MYPATH/public_html/shop/install/init.php(98): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\Kernel->boot() #3 /home/MYPATH/public_html/shop/install/upgrade/upgrade.php(53): require_once('/home/customer/...') #4 {main} thrown in /home/MYPATH/public_html/shop/app/AppKernel.php on line 61

Any ideas why this is failing? Thanks for any help you can offer.

48 minutes ago, jeremisiron said:

My web host stopped supporting PHP 7.2 so I forced into PHP 7.4, so I have to upgrade to 1.7.8.3 to work in PHP 7.4.

I did a manual upgrade using these instructions (https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/keeping-up-to-date/upgrade/) since I cannot 1-Click-Upgrade in PHP 7.4.

When I get to the step of running install/upgrade/upgrade.php in a browser (after copying over the core files, and setting _PS_MODE_DEV_ to true to show debug info), I get this series of errors:

Any ideas why this is failing? Thanks for any help you can offer.

If You have backup buy a serwer for some bucks that allow to pick php version or have the version you need and update there and copy data base and files if still not working to old place.

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to change my PHP version to 7.2, then I ran the install.

When I got to running the /install/upgrade.php step in the browser, I got this error message:

image.thumb.png.7481f00dbe795ceb4326da29610a9e6e.png

If I scroll down to the very bottom of the page, this is the last text shown on the screen:

image.thumb.png.106efd92ea2e9a3e81cdb37a12de6ffe.png

Any ideas why this is happening?

Edited by jeremisiron (see edit history)

@jeremisiron

It looks the mysql database version is not supported to the latest version. Did you got any message related to mysql supported version. When alter the database the made problem.

Last few week i am playing to update process and found a manually process to update but it take time. For that need to clone the site in a testing server and then run the update sql manually one by one. When the database migration is finished then the php file need to replace. This is manual process take time but save money. 

If you want to save time then you can purchase module from PrestaShop addons

Thank you

Where would I see MySQL errors showing?

I'm not sure what MySQL version I'm running. I used the phppsinfo tool and it showed green:

image.thumb.png.a60aa2afa2923a5e7403416938396d74.png

When I try to check the version from the command line by entering mysql -V then I get this:

mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.27-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

which is confusing since MySQL only goes up to 8.0 right now, not 15, right?

Any ideas?