Prestashop does not remember cart on login

fourmarketing

Prestashop 1.7.7.8 upgraded from last 1.6 version, we can't manage to get "Re-display cart on login" to work, its enabled but it does nothing, every time someone login, a new 0€ cart is created ignoring the last one even when it had products inside.

We are using Dimita Electronics theme, but its not theme related as a fresh install with the theme saves carts between sessions properly.

Any ideas?

20 minutes ago, lestatneo said:

Same problem.  I'm going crazy

22 hours ago, fourmarketing said:

anyone?

Did you try with Preferences->Customers and enable Re-display cart at login? ( reset module if you did update your PS version )

Plus: The cart is stored in a cookie. So when your customer uses another browser it will not be shown.

Edited by ComGrafPL (see edit history)

1 hour ago, ComGrafPL said:

Did you try with Preferences->Customers and enable Re-display cart at login? ( reset module if you did update your PS version )

Plus: The cart is stored in a cookie. So when your customer uses another browser it will not be shown.

What module should i reset? Also yes, Re-display cart at login is enabled

About the cart being stored in a cookie, well i just tested my fresh install and it does remember the cart using different browsers (Chrome and Edge) so thats not true

46 minutes ago, Prestashop Maniac said:

Hi,

If you enable the option "Re-display cart at login", it works as follows:

1. If you do not have products in the cart, it will give you the shopping cart of the account (probably made in another browser, etc.)
  2. If you have products in your cart, you will be left with this shopping cart

The problem with you is certain for another reason. You said you upgraded from 1.6 to 1.7, and most likely imported customers, orders. I guess it's a problem caused by the import, probably by the shopping cart ids used in the imported orders.

Hi,

If this were the case, the new carts of new customers would work, but nothing remains stored

• 1 month later...

After 2 months of trying to find a solution and waiting for answers that never came from prestashop assistance, I had to reinstall everything. Spending money and money. In the meantime, I'm switching to Shopify

11 minutes ago, gianluca santi said:

guys, is there really no solution to the problem? I have the same problem with 2 sites and can't install everything from scratch, it would take a month to reconfigure everything! please help me!

It is a bit difficult for someone to figure out the problem without seeing exactly what it is about, because it is more likely to be caused by something else. Didn't you find someone to debug your site, to see exactly where the cart ID is lost?

• 3 months later...