How to turn on 'guest checkout'?

rimstaske

Hello everyone. I just want to ask: How I can fully enable 'guest checkout'? I enabled it in backoffice, but when i try to buy without registration by clicking button, nothing happened. Still i see: registration form with requirements to fill places. Without filling i cant continue purchase. What exactly I should to do to solve this proble. I searched info in forums and etc, like everytime isn't something exactly.

Hello, just looked at that briefly yesterday and wondered the same thing.
Then I realized even as Guest you would still need to fill out details in order to receive delivery or to complete a purchase. It just won't create a user account for you, meaning it does not save the data for reuse later. I think this is what we are seeing. Hope someone with more experience can confirm.

@rimstaske - there is no simple way of removing the fields from display via a back office toggle. The logic is within the customer-form.tpl and personal-information.tpl which checks if the user is logged in and if the site has guest checkout enabled, and will display the text suggesting they create an account. If they enter a password an account is created for them. If they do not enter a password, no account is created.
The form is the same as the user account creation form with only a change of adding the text and making password optional.