Error 504 timeout on when working inside a product

PeteC21

Hi peeps. Nice to be a Prestashop member

So, here what is going on

I have a VPS (8 core, 16 GB Ram) and im hosting 3 prestashop websites

Right now im working on the 4th one but something weird is going on.

(Nginx - Apache - PHP=FPM)

When in trying to duplicate, edit or do anything in the product the php-fpm crashes (only in that vhost) and i get 504 timeout.

I restart the php-fpm and it comes back to normal. I can work everywhere in the backend without any issues but when i go in the product then the timeout comes back.

I cant really find anything in the logs

Anyone had the same issue before? (i have done my research, did increase timeout in the server's config and all that.)

Any help appreciated 

46 minutes ago, PeteC21 said:

Anyone had the same issue before? (i have done my research, did increase timeout in the server's config and all that.)

Sorry to hear that

Php version, memory and upload setting for php, ngingx are set at .....????

16 hours ago, Nickz said:

Sorry to hear that

Php version, memory and upload setting for php, ngingx are set at .....????

PHP Version: 7.4

Memory: 1024   (it was 256 but i tokk it up to 1024)

Upload: 100M

nginx: client_max_body_size 100M;

the weird thing here is that in the same server i have 2 more prestashop sites that are working file. Same versions with same settings.

thats why im lost.

1 hour ago, El Patron said:

You must not be finding the log, if php-fpm crashes there must be a log of it somewhere.  Is it possible for your to contact your hosting company for assistance?  

what is your control panel?  Plesk (recommended), cpanel..etc

CWP is the panel an im in sharge of the vps. I have 15 years of experience on centos. I have tried everything but still no idea where the issue comes from on ONLY this account. All of them are running under same settings when is comes to nginx, apache and php-fpm

5 minutes ago, PeteC21 said:

CWP is the panel an im in sharge of the vps. I have 15 years of experience on centos. I have tried everything but still no idea where the issue comes from on ONLY this account. All of them are running under same settings when is comes to nginx, apache and php-fpm

I have 45 years  experience, see where that got us loool.  without hands on, well it's difficult to guess, crash is just not enough detail.  

fyi, my experience is IBM mainframes, centos....www all very barbaric.  

we do have a real linux blackbelt on staff, I'll send him link maybe he will join the fourm.....

but if it crashes and no log....without knowing what the  crash is...well I'd like to help you out but don't know what door you came in.   Contact us via our webiste and we take a look, for free.

Just now, El Patron said:

I have 45 years  experience, see where that got us loool.  without hands on, well it's difficult to guess, crash is just not enough detail.  

fyi, my experience is IBM mainframes, centos....www all very barbaric.  

we do have a real linux blackbelt on staff, I'll send him link maybe he will join the fourm.....

but if it crashes and no log....without knowing what the  crash is...well I'd like to help you out but don't know what door you came in.   Contact us via our webiste and we take a look, for free.

found the issue....

Stupid mod_security

adding the exception in the htaccess fixes the issue

<IfModule mod_security.c>

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

</IfModule>

18 hours ago, PeteC21 said:

found the issue....

Stupid mod_security

adding the exception in the htaccess fixes the issue

<IfModule mod_security.c>

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

</IfModule>

don't feel bad, that has tripped every webmaster as well because it's mod_security and finding a log if it exists is apparently a security issue loool.  Happy you  found before the weekend as I'm sure you feel tired.   Often I think of just doing one service, hosting upgrades for ecommerce even if just to tune the mysql config.  cheers, Fred