Default theme messed up after update 1.7.8.*

martijn385

hi all, 

After update 1.7.8.* my webpage header and search bar is completely messed up (see picture). I'm using the default prestashop theme.

prestashop.thumb.PNG.2cfe7c32717af55f474ad833fa828e85.PNG

If I update the theme files classic\templates\_partials\header.tpl and classic\templates\layouts\layout-both-columns.tpl I'll get a http 500 error.

Serverinformation: Linux #101-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 15 20:00:55 UTC 2021 x86_64

Server softwareversion: Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu)

PHP-version: 7.4.26 (same on 7.3)

Memorylimit: 512M

Max execution time: 300

any help is really appreciated.

thanks! 

Edited by martijn385 (see edit history)

Hi Krystian, 

Firts of all thanks for you comment. 

For the most part you are right about the material icons but as you can see on the picture, the icons from login and shoppingcart are also messed up.

I've test it with the original header.tpl but unfortunately the same result, beside check_circle icons. 

The site is online but I have restored a back-up.

Edited by martijn385 (see edit history)

@martijn385

It is always a best Practice to made a clone of the main site in subdomain or subfolder and then apply update operation, and fix issues their then you can apply same things in main site. So that live site problem , do not stop sale.

@Krystian

You may sent this message to PrestaShop team that if possible, the update process need to more simple and easy like WordPress so that user can auto update. Do not download full project and update thousands of file , Just download the changes file and overwrite. Like how WordPress do easily.

Thank you