Prestashop hosting

TheNstam

Hello,

I would kindly ask if someone could provide some details.

We are currently moving to a PrestaShop site and would like to know what are the requirements for a smooth and flawless site running regarding the server.

We do have 10k products and and 50-100 physical visitors simultaneously.

Thinking about a DEDICATED vCPU - with 8vcpu and 32gb ram.

Is that Ok for presta running instant and flawless.

Excuse my way of writing. I would be more than happy to provide more details if needed..

7 hours ago, TheNstam said:

Hello,

I would kindly ask if someone could provide some details.

We are currently moving to a PrestaShop site and would like to know what are the requirements for a smooth and flawless site running regarding the server.

We do have 10k products and and 50-100 physical visitors simultaneously.

Thinking about a DEDICATED vCPU - with 8vcpu and 32gb ram.

Is that Ok for presta running instant and flawless.

Excuse my way of writing. I would be more than happy to provide more details if needed..

Hello,

well there are many variables about this aspect because first of all it depends by the kind of machine you have and not only memory and Nº of cpu's...i have some vps based on Nvme tech and are really faster vs ssd vps with more memory and higher Nº of cpu and this affect a lot the processing time of php requests; on front-end side it depends by the weight of the different areas of your shop of course, so there isn't an absolute answer valid for everyone.

But you can do a quick math for example let's say that 600/650 ms is the aveage request time for a php request and that in e-commerce area visitors have a click frequency of 40/45 sec

8 cores/.65s is almost 13 pages for second ( pageviews )...well it does mean that in 45 sec for example the server can deliver 585 pageviews:-)..or 585 users!

I think you are ok, but for sure you can get more detailed data from your GA account checking average session duration and pages per session! do the math and you will get the exact avg time frequency of your visitors:-)

ciao

Edited by Fabry
sintax error (see edit history)