What files can I delete ? Filling up my host memory quickly.

mcbole62

Version 1.7.7.8

I use IONOS as my host.   I am limited to 262,144 files.   It seems every time I delete some files and get it under that number, within minutes it's back up to the maximum.  So are there any files I can delete ?  Things like cache, tmp files, etc. ?    I don't have lots of photo's but I do need to add more, and it also stops the website from working when it reaches it's maximum files.   So any help would be greatly appreciated !

Matt

Change hosting. Prestashop generates several thumbnails from one photo. Additional necessary plugins will additionally take up space on the hosting.
In order to save space, you can disable cache in performance, but in my opinion it is not a good solution.

• Like 2

Telling me what I should do, doesn't answer the question I asked.   I need to know the cache I can empty so I can have access to my back office.   Right now I'm maxed out and to migrate over I need to get rid of some files.   Once I'm moved over to the new plan (no limit on files), I'll be able to run it normally.

7 hours ago, mcbole62 said:

Telling me what I should do, doesn't answer the question I asked.   I need to know the cache I can empty so I can have access to my back office.   Right now I'm maxed out and to migrate over I need to get rid of some files.   Once I'm moved over to the new plan (no limit on files), I'll be able to run it normally.

as recommended, even though you did not like answer is still, change hosting or wait until you get  on new plan.

7 hours ago, mcbole62 said:

You can delete the directory /var/cache