How do I remove shipping price from Cart until checking out and carrier selected?

d2iautosound

Hello, 
I run prestashop version 1.7.6.2 

I don't offer free shipping unless local pickup ( pickup in store)  is selected. 

For all my shipping on my website i use Australia post module that calculates the size and weight of the cart and location and works out actual pricing itself. 

if a guest or anyone adds an item to cart it gives misleading info and shows free shipping then when they go to checkout it shows the options and a price is there. 

Is there anyway i can remove this shipping cost completely or have it say to be determined etc while in the cart stage or adding an item to cart. 

I only want to display shipping cost when they select a carrier. 

Thanks, 

Darcy   

Cart 1.jpg

Cart 2.jpg

• d2iautosound changed the title to How do I remove shipping price from Cart until checking out and carrier selected?
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi to all,

I saw yesterday in google a hint how to hide this line.

versandkosten.thumb.JPG.dc72e610856e24c34d0db463c73f2292.JPG+

We should change the CSS-Code.

I have some questions. One after another:

1) Can I turn of the (settings?) "Shipping-Costs-Line" in the whole frontend of Prestashop?

2) Also change to "kostenplichtig" would be nice, but I could not find the right "kostenlos" - position in the translation area.
What is the right way to find a translation quickly? I found several "kostenlos" entries. How can I get exactly the right one?

In the "International Settings Area" its not so helpful.
What is that supposed to tell me? ->

kostenlos2.thumb.png.323cb63a0f1fd365a6d4ec197ef29760.png

3) Could you please set "classes" or div-ids? 
Which is the best way to delete/ hide  the line? 
Should I change the php-Code in my child?

I also can display:none the third p-child of class: cart-content

Yours,
Daniel

Edited by danielsaar (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

This may depend on the type of theme. In my case I need to edit the file /themes/theme_name/templates/checkout/_partials/cart-summary.tpl
Find the phrase {if $subtotal && $subtotal.type !== 'tax'} and change it to this: {if $subtotal && $subtotal.type !== 'tax' && $subtotal.type !== 'shipping' }.
That's all.