Prestashop 1.6 : blockcart dropdown cart shows "no product" on category pages

Hi everyone,

I am currently redesigning a website on Prestashop 1.6.1.6, and I have encountered a bug that I just cannot solve no matter what I try.

My problem is with the dropdown cart summary from the blockcart module.

image.png.8edbeb04b9ffd0d348b068afa54678dd.png

Screenshot is in French, but basically this is how it should look as long as I have a product in my cart

On most pages it appears as such, but on my category pages where products are displayed on the product list, my dropdown cart suddenly shows "no product", even though the total price is still here.

image.png.30c0b22dc9a5b882b46bac0f6424af1c.png

I have tried several things for troubleshooting, checked blockcart.tpl, blockcart.php, ajax-cart.js, product-list.tpl... I have tried replacing each and all of them with the backup files from the "old" website, when it used to work, but nothing has changed.

I'm at a loss right now because this might be due to some of the things I've changed while redesigning the website, but I don't know where to look or what to look for in order to find out where the code might be clashing. I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that $products are being called somewhere else on the page, but I don't know how to solve that.

I hope you'll be able to help so that I don't have to bring back an old backup of the whole website and try out every single edit from the start...

Thanks in advance!

Hello, @Mily_Miles

Please check the top mini cart template file used no same variable like category page. The variable is overwrite by category page or not. Can you share your site url. we can check from front end. Is that any issue we found from front end.

If not solved from front end , in that case code need to debug to find the error. 

Thank you