An error occurred while updating object. meta ()

Hi guys. Using 1.4.0.17 and suddenly getting this error whenever I try to edit meta data. An error occurred while updating object. meta ()
Any gems of wisdom?

Additional info: this is happening in Preferences > SEO. Can change meta data on products etc no problem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, an update on this.

You can still edit the information by manipulating the database table "ps_meta_lang" (using phpmyadmin or any other client).

However, when I was going to make the changes I discovered that they had already been done. I did get the error message but the changes was made to the database.

So I tried again, got the error message, but the information was saved correctly to the database.

So, if you have this problem, see if the changes was made even if you got the error message (just look in the source code for whatever page it is you want to edit if you dont know how to use phpmyadmin). :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Same problem here. I'm using PrestaShop 1.5.3.1.

I got An error occurred while updating object. meta () when updating meta Page title and Meta description using Preferences > SEO & URLs > Edit.

Please tell me, How I can resolve this error.

Few weeks ago, I did server migration.

I have try to use chmod 666 for .htaccess

But i got this error message.

Request denied.
Please verify that the file or folder exists and that you have the necessary permissions on the server to perform the requested operation.

I'm using Managed VPS

need help to resolve this issue.

I have try to use chmod 666 for .htaccess

But i got this error message.

Request denied.

Please verify that the file or folder exists and that you have the necessary permissions on the server to perform the requested operation.

I'm using Managed VPS

need help to resolve this issue.

Hi whitelion, Make sure to clear browser cache and also test it with another browser. If that does not work, I think that you should contact your host first to see if you are able to change your permissions set from your side. Some providers only change them manually on their end. 

• Like 1