PS1.7.7.3 - URL rewriting fails after browsing product

andyfick

Although there's a lot about URL rewriting on the forum, I haven't been able to find this specific problem.

Background - I'm migrating an existing 1.6.1.24 shop to 1.7.7.3 (using a migration addon). All categories, products, customers, etc are in the new store and look fine.

The issue I'm having on the 1.7 store can be reproduced by doing this:

1. Browse to a category page (e.g. Dressing Table Mirrors) - displays category page as expected
    URL shows /90-dressing-table-mirrors
  2. View a product page (e.g. Circular Black Mirror) - shows the product page fine
    URL shows /dressing-table-mirrors/1536-circular-black-iron-dressing-table-mirror-5055672484653.html
  3. Now, choose a different category from the nav (e.g. Seating), and I get a 404, because ...
    URL shows /dressing-table-mirrors/80-seating

The URL rewriting isn't resetting the URL to start from the base URL, it's adding it on to the previously viewed category! On my 1.6 shop, this URL is correctly re-written to /80-seating.

I've tried:

• Switch on / off Friendly URLs, clear cache
  • Delete htaccess completely, switch on Friendly URLs, clear cache (htaccess file is being generated OK, so it's not a read-write issue)
  • Switch off the two Apache settings in SEO, which state they may cause issues, clear cache
  • Put a / before the Route to category (URL is still wrong, I just get two // in it)

This is on the same server as my existing shop, so the environment is the same for both.

I'm out of ideas! Help!

Store is at https://presta17.accessoriesforthehome.co.uk so you can see for yourself what's happening.

Andrew

23 minutes ago, andyfick said:

Although there's a lot about URL rewriting on the forum, I haven't been able to find this specific problem.

Background - I'm migrating an existing 1.6.1.24 shop to 1.7.7.3 (using a migration addon). All categories, products, customers, etc are in the new store and look fine.

The issue I'm having on the 1.7 store can be reproduced by doing this:

1. Browse to a category page (e.g. Dressing Table Mirrors) - displays category page as expected
    URL shows /90-dressing-table-mirrors
  2. View a product page (e.g. Circular Black Mirror) - shows the product page fine
    URL shows /dressing-table-mirrors/1536-circular-black-iron-dressing-table-mirror-5055672484653.html
  3. Now, choose a different category from the nav (e.g. Seating), and I get a 404, because ...
    URL shows /dressing-table-mirrors/80-seating

The URL rewriting isn't resetting the URL to start from the base URL, it's adding it on to the previously viewed category! On my 1.6 shop, this URL is correctly re-written to /80-seating.

I've tried:

• Switch on / off Friendly URLs, clear cache
  • Delete htaccess completely, switch on Friendly URLs, clear cache (htaccess file is being generated OK, so it's not a read-write issue)
  • Switch off the two Apache settings in SEO, which state they may cause issues, clear cache
  • Put a / before the Route to category (URL is still wrong, I just get two // in it)

This is on the same server as my existing shop, so the environment is the same for both.

I'm out of ideas! Help!

Store is at https://presta17.accessoriesforthehome.co.uk so you can see for yourself what's happening.

Andrew

Sending you a private message.