How to import a large amount of product into the DB

pierrot10

Hello!!

I have been working with Prestashop a long time ago. My last post was in 2012. So a lot of things move.

I created a shop web site with CakePHP, for a client, who has thousand of articles. He want to change and I proposed prestashop.
I just installed a new instance of Prestashop and I can see how many things change but I could quickly get used.

The first things, I would like to clarify, is how to import thousand ans thousand article from an excel file.

My client is used to send me a excel file with this colons:
(note: the image of the article, are provided to me into a folder)

id (ID of excel row)
shop_id (category first level)
category_id (sub category)
name (name of the article)
content (description)
online (product active or not in the shop)
noarticle (article reference of the client catalogue)
image (name of image related to the article)
price (price of the article)
catpage (page of the paper catalogue, where the article can be found)
catalog ( year of the catalogue)

As I wrote, I usual upload the image into a folder, and here article are linked the the image with a larger image

I would like to know, how can I import all of those information into the Prestashop database, and make sure that after the import, all of the thousand article are created

For example, catpage should not exist in the Prestashop database. Is possible to create personalized coloms, as catalog, catpage, noarticle?

How can I make sure, that (for exemple) the number of catagory_id matches to an existing category id, created into Prestashop?

Many thanks for all clarification you can provide to me, before I go on

Cheers

Edited by pierrot10 (see edit history)

9 hours ago, pierrot10 said:

Hello!!

I have been working with Prestashop a long time ago. My last post was in 2012. So a lot of things move.

I created a shop web site with CakePHP, for a client, who has thousand of articles. He want to change and I proposed prestashop.
I just installed a new instance of Prestashop and I can see how many things change but I could quickly get used.

The first things, I would like to clarify, is how to import thousand ans thousand article from an excel file.

id (ID of excel row)
shop_id (category first level)
category_id (sub category)
name (name of the article)
content (description)
online (product active or not in the shop)
noarticle (article reference of the client catalogue)
image (name of image related to the article)
price (price of the article)
catpage (page of the paper catalogue, where the article can be found)
catalog ( year of the catalogue)

As I wrote, I usual upload the image into a folder, and here article are linked the the image with a larger image

I would like to know, how can I import all of those information into the Prestashop database, and make sure that after the import, all of the thousand article are created

For example, catpage should not exist in the Prestashop database. Is possible to create personalized coloms, as catalog, catpage, noarticle?

How can I make sure, that (for exemple) the number of catagory_id matches to an existing category id, created into Prestashop?

Many thanks for all clarification you can provide to me, before I go on

Cheers

Something like this could work: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-import-export/20579-import-update-bulk-product-from-any-csv-excel-file-pro.html

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pierrot10 said:

Prestashop has a csv import function. Experiment with that before you invest in a module. It will teach you the basics of how CSV works.