Upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 keeps failing

Hi everyone!

I've tried to upgrade to 1.7 several times without success. Used 1-click module and then tried manually, both for the last version available. Then tried again the module and manually for the first version of 1.7, and it keeps failing with error.

I've checked the requirements, and have them all (even confirmed it with the provider) such as php version, extensions, etc.

Used debug and this two messages appear:

Warning: Use of undefined constant MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_128 - assumed 'MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_128' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in (...)public_html/classes/Rijndael.php on line 124

Warning: openssl_decrypt(): IV passed is only 12 bytes long, cipher expects an IV of precisely 16 bytes, padding with \0 in (...)/public_html/classes/Rijndael.php on line 91

The installation begins, I can see the little shop logo of Prestashop, saying installing but then crashes, appears the error 500 (the error above) and its all gone, I have to recover from backup.

If someone could help I would be so glad!

It looks like there are remainders of 1.6 in your 1.7. 

Remember: when you upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 you should switch the theme back to default-bootstrap and you should uninstall and remove all non-Prestashop modules (there are very few modules that work under both versions).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the response!

I did just that. I still get the same message at the begging, using 1-click, but then gets the error bellow. It stops after this:

All files upgraded. Now upgrading database...
[Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: "

Error:

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user '(...)'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
at line 136 in file classes/db/DbPDO.php

131. public function connect()

132. {

133. try {

134. $this->link = $this->getPDO($this->server, $this->user, $this->password, $this->database, 5);

135. } catch (PDOException $e) {

136. throw new PrestaShopException('Link to database cannot be established: ' . $e->getMessage());

137. }

139. $this->link->exec('SET SESSION sql_mode = \'\'');

141. return $this->link;

DbPDOCore->connect - [line 330 - classes/db/Db.php]

DbCore->__construct - [line 241 - classes/db/Db.php] - [4 Arguments]

DbCore::getInstance - [line 47 - config/alias.php]

pSQL - [line 1336 - classes/shop/Shop.php] - [1 Arguments]

ShopCore::findShopByHost - [line 337 - classes/shop/Shop.php] - [1 Arguments]

ShopCore::initialize - [line 118 - config/config.inc.php]

require - [line 40 - admin/index.php] - [1 Arguments]

"Link to database cannot be established:"

I have seen that with some hosting providers. They have such a short timeout for database access that at some point they cut off the database upgrade.

You can either ask the hosting provider for a solution or download the shop to a local computer, upgrade it there and then upload it again.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted the provider and they just said that if I pay for an extra service, they will upgrade my shop. 

I asked for help, and shared the errors I got, but they never responded to that. Now I not sure what to do. 

I should try to do the upgrade on my computer and see if it works, just like musicmaster said.