Error upgrading from 1.7.7.1 to 1.7.7.4 - errorThrown:" " jqXHR: " Any ideas plz

Ajax errors are infamous for their lack of explanation.

Try to look in the server's error log first.

If you find nothing there look in the browser console what was returned by the Ajax command. It may well be a 500 error so that need to enable debug mode.

• 2 months later...

It seems to be linked to internet connectivity or bandwidth.

I am in UK, but hosting server is east coast USA.

If I do any upgrades I have to do them at 7am UK time (2am EastCoast US time)

I think its dependent on how many other people are using the shared web hosting at the same time. Less people gives greater bandwidth.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ComGrafPL said:

What's your PHP version? Did you try on classic theme?

I have php version 7.3 (which is the recommended version for 1.7.7.x).
I don't use the classic theme, but I'm pretty sure this problem is not due to any theme, but to the 1-click upgrade module or something like that.
Unfortunately I can't solve it though....

Edited by Biscotto (see edit history)

On 7/19/2021 at 8:59 AM, gray said:

It seems to be linked to internet connectivity or bandwidth.

I am in UK, but hosting server is east coast USA.

If I do any upgrades I have to do them at 7am UK time (2am EastCoast US time)

I think its dependent on how many other people are using the shared web hosting at the same time. Less people gives greater bandwidth.

In talking to my hosting company that I use, they tell me  that Prestashop is not well liked in the 'hosting' community as it is very top heavy with files, which using up a lot of processing time. And thus your bandwidth, physical memory and I/O.

I have 2 prestashop sites, and can only update 1 in any 24hour period, as it overloads my limits. If the upgrade crashes I have to wait another 24 hrs for my hosting limit to be reset.

12 minutes ago, gray said:

In talking to my hosting company that I use, they tell me  that Prestashop is not well liked in the 'hosting' community as it is very top heavy with files, which using up a lot of processing time. And thus your bandwidth, physical memory and I/O.

I have 2 prestashop sites, and can only update 1 in any 24hour period, as it overloads my limits. If the upgrade crashes I have to wait another 24 hrs for my hosting limit to be reset.

It is a shame how little some hosting providers provide.

Anyway, when I encounter such a webshop I prefer to download the shop, update it on my computer and upload it again. If needed you can use my tool Copy_shopdata to copy the order data between the versions.

• 1 year later...

I know that topic is old like many others but I had findout how to avoid this error. 
Error is about unzip downloaded new version. You just need to extract that new .zip file from /admin*****/autoupgrade/download to /admin******/autoupgrade/latest .

1-Click Upgrade module will avoid download and uzip function and will start with overwriting new files.