Installing Theme & Customization

Hi,

I already posted in a different thread but trying it here as well... I'm not a technical person & new to prestashop as well, so sorry if my question sounds little silly. How do you actually install a presta template/theme. If I purchase a theme I like, is it just download to my PC & then upload to my prestashop? What steps do i need to do.. And if I want to change things like add diff. modules, changes categories names, add links in footer, etc. would that be easy/no problem and any changes I make/add more modules (ex live chat, text box, CMS) they would automatically blend in with the overall theme? (won't look like default ones).

Also, if I want to make changes: font size, type of font, background color, size of pics, overall width... for default or a theme, where can I do that? Is it through CSS & HTML, or a different coding for presta. I'm just starting to learn about HTML & css but didn't see where I can have access to it in Prestashop (default). Or how to change round corners to regular... background..

Would really appreciate help from someone who knows IT. It's kind of urgent too. Thank so much!