Cart cannot be placed

pat.motsumi

I am constantly getting this error "Cart cannot be placed" after payment has been made. Which means its failing to convert the cart to order. I have observed in the database that more than 1 can be assigned the same cart_id, which means when the last order is placed it will fail since the first one has been placed using that cart Id. Kindly assist where i can fix because the error pops up regardless of the method of payment chosen

12 hours ago, pat.motsumi said:

I am constantly getting this error "Cart cannot be placed" after payment has been made. Which means its failing to convert the cart to order. I have observed in the database that more than 1 can be assigned the same cart_id, which means when the last order is placed it will fail since the first one has been placed using that cart Id. Kindly assist where i can fix because the error pops up regardless of the method of payment chosen

Sounds like the indexes or the auto-increase of the database table are missing. So compare those values with similar values of a fresh installation of the same PS version.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Sounds like the indexes or the auto-increase of the database table are missing. So compare those values with similar values of a fresh installation of the same PS version.

Where do i check please. because even if when someone has started adding to cart and he pause, then the second person adds to cart and proceed they get to be assigned the same cart_Id

41 minutes ago, pat.motsumi said:

image.png.e0947ab64ffb33f92fe4738ea60ad7be.png

Ok, so the problem isn't there.

I have some problem with your "Cart cannot be placed" text. I cannot find it anywhere in the PS 1.7.7.1 sourcecode. Yet finding where this comes from is important for solving the problem. Is it some module in your shop?

1 minute ago, musicmaster said:

Ok, so the problem isn't there.

I have some problem with your "Cart cannot be placed" text. I cannot find it anywhere in the PS 1.7.7.1 source code. Yet finding where this comes from is important for solving the problem. Is it some module in your shop?

It comes from the FrontInitcontroller and paymentmodule

1 hour ago, musicmaster said:

Please provide next time an exact copy of the error message. With your summary "cart cannot be placed" you wasted both my and your time.

What is the "rave" module doing?

Rave is a payment module.The error still occurs when you pay with the Rave(flutterwave card payments) and Cash On Delivery. The carts are assigned same cart_id which then conflict when you convert cart to order. Unfortunately after "cart cannot be placed", that cart is deleted and the user is redirected back to the login page which means the user will have to re-order. At this stage they wont be any cart summary but only that error. And the unfortunate part is when it log the cart cannot be placed , the money will have been deducted from the customer with no cart to order conversion which will make it hard to trace the order that was being paid because the order does not exist

On 3/16/2021 at 10:18 PM, musicmaster said:

Please provide next time an exact copy of the error message. With your summary "cart cannot be placed" you wasted both my and your time.

What is the "rave" module doing?

Is the information provided on the previous post sufficient enough to assist me?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

As I said: you cannot do that with the Prestashop backoffice.

You should either to use Prestools or you can have a look yourself. This is hard work. You need to make a real effort.

Ok. i will i just wanted guidance on where to go or to check.

20 hours ago, musicmaster said:

As I said: you cannot do that with the Prestashop backoffice.

You should either to use Prestools or you can have a look yourself. This is hard work. You need to make a real effort.

Hei.. I also have realized that the "re-display cart at login" doesn't work. So i was wondering if its maybe one of the contributing factor to the "Cart cannot be placed"error

On 3/19/2021 at 12:19 PM, pat.motsumi said:

yes i did. But i still have mutliple Cart assigned to 1 cartId

I also need more details.

you write that "I am constantly getting this error "Cart cannot be placed" after payment has been made. Which means its failing to convert the cart to order. I have observed in the database that more than 1 can be assigned the same cart_id"

That is very puzzling. Given that the index is there you should never see the same id more than once - at least not in the ps_cart table. 

So this could also be some problem with cookies. But to know more you should describe the problem in much more detail.

23 hours ago, musicmaster said:

I also need more details.

you write that "I am constantly getting this error "Cart cannot be placed" after payment has been made. Which means its failing to convert the cart to order. I have observed in the database that more than 1 can be assigned the same cart_id"

That is very puzzling. Given that the index is there you should never see the same id more than once - at least not in the ps_cart table. 

So this could also be some problem with cookies. But to know more you should describe the problem in much more detail.

Let me try explain it more. So when a user add products to cart a cartID is assigned. e.g 86.. When another user adds to cart also he can be assigned 86. So this behavior i have observed it in the admin panel under shopping carts. Then if 1 of the 2 customers process the order it will go through.Then when the second one process an order it will fail because already that cart ID has been used with the previous order.Then it will write cart cannot be placed. In the database everything is Ok and it doesnt allow 2 orders to be submitted with the same ID. Like u said i suspect that its an issue with cookies. The picture attached are all the orders that failed, the status was non ordered after sometime the status turn to abandoned cart.

image.thumb.png.20b0b9c7f0210b96ed2936f5f661479e.png

Issue 2: The shop doesnt re-display cart on login.Rather when the user logs out it automatically treat the cart as abandoned cart.When next time when the user order it will issue a new cartID

On 3/19/2021 at 6:05 PM, musicmaster said:

I would need to have a look myself to analyse this. For that I would need to have access to the backoffice and the database. If you want that you can pm me with the access data.

Ok. Sorry we have different timezones hence the delays in reponse.