Shop looks like parked domain, Hosting says its not parked

Hi,

My website https://indushine.com

Seems to be parked, however upon contacting the hosting support, they swear that the domain is not parked.

Apart from it not being accessible, it does not allow me to work on the design and configure it as it prompts an error due to there being no website...

I seem to be in a case scenario where hosting redirects me to get support for prestashop and viceversa and I am lost.

The backend is working properly though.

Edited by InduShine
Add: backend is working (see edit history)

Hi,

I suppose that you have an index.html in your Prestashop's root, which has the redirect to defaultsite with this content

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
       "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
  <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;url=defaultsite" />
  <!-- UK -->
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

In this case just Delete this index.html as the servers are usually serving index.html and default.html before serving the index.php which drives Prestashop ;)

Kind regards, Leo

• Like 1

@Leo @ Prestachamps thats exactly right! thank you, I have deleted it that index.html but now I get an internal server error

Looking at the rootfile there is many things there which by the look of it I don't think should be there... like that error500.html or installprestashop.html

I don't want to delete anything else without knowing...

1.jpg

Edited by InduShine (see edit history)

I would take a closed look now, but unfortunately having a meetup;) - if you won't find a response, a nd or solution until tomorrow, I'm happy to help you out. 

The files mentioned above have nothing to do there, the rest seems fine....but I suppose it's just a chunk of the folders which are there ? 

Cheers, 

Leo

PS: We'll solve that if not today- tomorrow ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leo @ Prestachamps said:

I would take a closed look now, but unfortunately having a meetup;) - if you won't find a response, a nd or solution until tomorrow, I'm happy to help you out. 

The files mentioned above have nothing to do there, the rest seems fine....but I suppose it's just a chunk of the folders which are there ? 

Cheers, 

Leo

PS: We'll solve that if not today- tomorrow ;)

Thank you so  much!

42 minutes ago, El Patron said:

fyi, don't delete until you know it solves, always rename _index.html for example

is this a new install?  If yes, then delete all the files and myhsql db...and start over....

No I upgraded to 1.7 through the one-click upgrade

Hi,

since you're having now a 500 error on index, then you should enable debug mode and check the error/exception to see why is causing it.

If you don't know exactly which one, just paste here the error output so we can guide you.

most probably a module will cause it, which was working on 1.6 but after the upgrade is not anymore compatible with 1.7.

Kind regards, Leo

• Like 1

In future your should mention in original post this was an upgrade gone wrong.

Do you have a full backup of old shop?  If you did not make backup then I recommend that you post in job offers to get help.

WARNING TO ALL THAT WILL LISTEN:  Don't upgrade your production shop, make a copy and upgrade there...then if it works you move that to production...else you are most likely to destroy your shop...

On 1/13/2021 at 7:06 AM, Leo @ Prestachamps said:

Hi,

since you're having now a 500 error on index, then you should enable debug mode and check the error/exception to see why is causing it.

If you don't know exactly which one, just paste here the error output so we can guide you.

most probably a module will cause it, which was working on 1.6 but after the upgrade is not anymore compatible with 1.7.

Kind regards, Leo

Thanks for your reply @Leo @ Prestachamps , I just was able to get to this now myself sorry.

Ok now is when you going to view my level of incompetence, I can't seem to workout the debug mode?

I activated debug mode from advanced parameters, but when opening the website with the 500 error, nothing is displayed with it.

I found the error log file on the route folder, have sent you it via PM.

Edited by InduShine (see edit history)

On 1/13/2021 at 8:58 PM, El Patron said:

In future your should mention in original post this was an upgrade gone wrong.

Do you have a full backup of old shop?  If you did not make backup then I recommend that you post in job offers to get help.

WARNING TO ALL THAT WILL LISTEN:  Don't upgrade your production shop, make a copy and upgrade there...then if it works you move that to production...else you are most likely to destroy your shop...

Ah yes that makes sense, thank you.

I have yes, but if I recall right, there was already this problem I think + i had to get developer help to help me upgrade a few modules which would get lost now.