[PS 1.7.6.8] OutOfMemoryException

Rayane59

• 2 years later...
On 1/12/2021 at 10:14 PM, Prestachamps said:

any process which eats more than 512 MB need  to be analyzed, what I would do beside that is to ask the server to start the slow_querry_log...check what's eating up that much of a resource, as the Mb is per PHP process. 

@El Patron love the the formula above as states the exact difference needed ;) from 512 Mb to 537MB

And how do we find out what processes are eating our memory/resources, are there any tools that do this? Do we have to look somewhere through Cpanel?

Where do we have to look to see the modules that consume the resources?

Thank you!

To resolve this issue, you can try the following solutions:

1. Increase the memory limit: In your PHP configuration (Locate the "php.ini" file on your server (often found in the root directory or in the PHP folder).), increase the memory_limit parameter to allow for more memory to be allocated to the application(set memory_limit = 512M)

2. Use caching modules : Implement caching strategies to reduce the amount of data that needs to be loaded into memory.

3. Upgrade hardware: Consider upgrading your server's memory resources to ensure that it has enough resources to handle your application's needs.

9 hours ago, Knowband Plugins said:

To resolve this issue, you can try the following solutions:

1. Increase the memory limit: In your PHP configuration (Locate the "php.ini" file on your server (often found in the root directory or in the PHP folder).), increase the memory_limit parameter to allow for more memory to be allocated to the application(set memory_limit = 512M)

2. Use caching modules : Implement caching strategies to reduce the amount of data that needs to be loaded into memory.

3. Upgrade hardware: Consider upgrading your server's memory resources to ensure that it has enough resources to handle your application's needs.

Buying a Chaching module as you wrote (Use caching modules: Implement caching strategies to reduce the amount of data that needs to be loaded into memory) do you think will solve my problem? I encrased the memory_limit to 1024M and nothing changed, the error 404 (page not found) is still there. However, encrasing the memory_limit to 1024M from 512M caused a new error to appear OutOfMemoryException (please see the picture atached).

Question: If I disable a module will I lose the settings I made?

Thnak you!

OutOfMemoryException.png

6 hours ago, Mediacom87 said:

Not when you just disable a module.

You can also try to empty the cache directory of your server manually with your usual FTP client: https://www.mediacom87.fr/en/faq-how-to-clear-the-cache-manually-on-prestashop-17/

Deleting those 2 subfolders dev and prod from public_html/var/cache directory didn't changed anything for me unfortunately, the error persist...

my problem / error occurres when I put the store into maintenance mode and triyng to acces the 1-Click updrade module, accessing it it gives me the 404 error, page not found

13 hours ago, ccristian said:

Deleting those 2 subfolders dev and prod from public_html/var/cache directory didn't changed anything for me unfortunately, the error persist...

my problem / error occurres when I put the store into maintenance mode and triyng to acces the 1-Click updrade module, accessing it it gives me the 404 error, page not found

tip:  in future open new topic with just your question for best results.  If anyone mentions using a cache module, run don't walk to the door.  We as an agency, have had 'many' new clients come in reporting issues that they can not  reproduce.  These were always related to cache module or if at checkout PrestaShop checkout module (avoid this as well).

do you host on siteground?  There are several mentions of this issue for siteground hosted shops trying to upgrade.

PrestaShop creates a dummy file in each of these folders and then destroys it (reference: lines from 252 to 261 of classes/ConfigurationTest.php). 

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/b260717db4a572f880b85c84f3e85b4417b3117e/classes/ConfigurationTest.php#L252-L261

you can try commenting out these lines and retrying

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PrestaHeroes USA said:

tip:  in future open new topic with just your question for best results.  If anyone mentions using a cache module, run don't walk to the door.  We as an agency, have had 'many' new clients come in reporting issues that they can not  reproduce.  These were always related to cache module or if at checkout PrestaShop checkout module (avoid this as well).

do you host on siteground?  There are several mentions of this issue for siteground hosted shops trying to upgrade.

PrestaShop creates a dummy file in each of these folders and then destroys it (reference: lines from 252 to 261 of classes/ConfigurationTest.php). 

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/b260717db4a572f880b85c84f3e85b4417b3117e/classes/ConfigurationTest.php#L252-L261

Hi!

I already opened 2 topics, on Romanian forum and on the English international as well... and until now no one offered to help me (see the links below). In my opinion my problem is very serious, considering the fact that I cannot upgrade to the latest version of prestashop, which brings improvements in terms of security. Yes my website is hosted on an Romanian hosing agency, they have nothing to do with prestashop hosting.

English forum

Romanian forum

by commenting those lines do you mean this:

/** if (@file_put_contents($dummy, 'test')) {
      @unlink($dummy);
      if (!$recursive) {
      return true;
      }
} elseif (!is_writable($dir)) {
      $full_report = sprintf('Directory %s is not writable', $dir); // sprintf for future translation

return false;
       }*/

16 hours ago, PrestaHeroes USA said:

Great news friend, after I commented the lines you told me to comment the issue disappeared.

Question: Afer updateing my website using the 1-Click upgrade module, can I uncomment them to the initial value, before commenting them?

Thank you friend, God bless you!

• Like 1

il y a 39 minutes, ccristian a dit :

Great news friend, after I commented the lines you told me to comment the issue disappeared.

Question: Afer updateing my website using the 1-Click upgrade module, can I uncomment them to the initial value, before commenting them?

During your update, certainly this file will be replaced, to check after the update.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, ccristian said:

yes you can do that, you may have same issue if you upgrade in the future. Glad I could help, have a great  day.