Prestashop mail alerts not working

tztudio

I am using Prestashop 1.7.6.8, PHP version 7.2.33.  I loaded the module "ps_emailalerts" from the back office module catalog - Mail Alerts v2.2.1.  I am not receiving emails when a new order is placed.  I have tried "resetting" the module.

I have tried both PHP and SMTP mail options, and while both of those options work when I send a test email, neither sends a notification when a new order is placed.

"Payment accepted" emails are being sent to the customer when a new order is made, but I am not receiving a notification when a new order has been placed.

When I send a test email, it goes through just fine.
I also tried downloading the module from github, but that failed as well.
Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Unfortunately I don't have an idea of what the cause of your email problem might be. The problem doesn't appear to be the mail functionality as such, since you tell that mail test and some of the notification mails do work. They all ultimately use the same PrestaShop's MailCore-class and Swift_Mailer-library. So does the Mail Alerts addon module.

Maybe my "Bcc all Email to Admin" module could help you to study the problem more closely? The module allows you to send blind carbon copies (Bcc:) of all emails to admin team and it allows you to log email-variable values to a log file.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/emails-notifications/42587-bcc-all-email-to-admin.html