Page not found on standard theme startpage

WebWeber

Hi,

I'm new to PrestaShop.

When trying to setup a shop I get a strange error on my startpage:

Below "Popular products" is a link to "All products"

When following this link I get

945680865_Screenshot_2020-11-11404error.thumb.png.7782c5616afbdf3d995dd075eddba390.png

Somehow I haven't found a possibility to change the link target (the link points to mydomain/gb/2-startpage) nor anyone with the same/similar problem here on this forum...

Could someone please help me?

Edited by WebWeber
solved (see edit history)

Seems like I have to answer myself 😂

After a lot of searching and trying (changing the only appearance in the database is only temporary, since the only occurence is in ps_smarty_cache) I found a solution!

196978875_Screenshot_2020-11-29ModuleManager.png.4bc4d3ca8708099af77cc5b52a61dffd.png

In the highlight module's settings menu is an option to choose the category from which to choose the articles to display by this module. Based on this category the link is created. So far so good. In my case the chosen value was "2" (which I think is the standard value)! Even though all my articles were in this category and thus could be displayed by the module, the created link was broken.

Solution:

I changed the value to "10", which is uppermost shop category in my case and unlinked all articles to category 2 ("Startseite") and linked them to category 10 ("Shop"). Now the link is working!

580658109_Screenshot_2020-11-29Artikel.png.6ed7efa5b82ed3ab0a5100caad304600.png