Change shop name - Issues found

So, we've been working with Prestashop for a while now, which seems to be going great.

During one of our Staff meetings, we decided to change our company brand, to which it makes more sense for us.

Afrer searching this forum a bit, I came  across a topic in which changing the name and main URL for the webshop shouldnt be that hard.

In the shop I went to:

Shop settings, Traffic and SEO/

Scrolled down to: Select Shop URL.

In the fields, Shop domain AND SSL domain, I changed the name from A to B.
Reset the Shop cache and, shouldve been done ... But unfortunatly it's not this simple.

After changing the URL, I was not able to return to my admin/backend. 
Through FTP, I put on DEBUG mode, and all of the sudden the backend is available again.

The error I receive is Error 500.

Als the button "Visit my Shop", when logged in to the backend/admin in Debug mode, redirects me to the old link.

The question here is, how do I solve theses issues? The webshop already has several active customers, and mutliple items in it (including the man hours putting it in, it has been a lot of work).

Please advise! If more info is needed, please also advice. I am at a loss!

9 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

There have been quite a few reports recently about people who could only access things in debug mode. Do some search on the forum.

Could you direct me to the pages because I am not able to find any solution for this. Nor relevant topics to do this.