(solved)index Rewritten URL problem "Url rewrite field must be filled at least in default ...“

Just put the word "home" in the Rewritten URL: and save it . You do not have to delete anything from the database. The system knows that it is the homepage and will not use it in your URL.

And about some comments here:
Prestashop is number one. It has few bugs but I know people that paid thousands for much less than that.

Just put the word "home" in the Rewritten URL: and save it . You do not have to delete anything from the database. The system knows that it is the homepage and will not use it in your URL.

Prestashop is number one. It has few bugs but I know people that paid thousands for much less than that.

I did actually try that first and it added the ‘home’ to the url!

I did actually try that first and it added the ‘home’ to the url!

Yes, same happen here - system add /home to the URL. Maybe it is possible to fix it adding a new row to the htaccess file?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. I changed my page title and now now it will not accept the friendly rewritten URL word. Even the same one that was there in the first place.

It also means that my home page is now showing" not found"

Any suggestions please?

hippooflove

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

if you want to add more than one word put a "_" to concatenate.

Example:

iphone

iphone_32gb_white

iphone32gbwhite

Nope, don't use underscore "_" in your URL.

This is not understood as a separator by search engine (like Google).

Use "-" between your words is way more efficient for SEO reasons.

Google announce it explicitly in their webmaster support about URL structure.

Hope it helps,

Best regards,

Ciseur

• 2 years later...

I had this problem on PS 1.6.0.2 , because I thought you would start url rewrite with "/" ...like "/my-pretty-url" - you DON'T. And if you do that, it actually gives you also this wrong error "Url rewrite field must be filled at least in default or english language"...

So I just had to make my pretty url "my-pretty-url" (no begining slash).