Partial refunds

Littlepants

I need to do a partial refund and  tried to do it but it hasn't done anything as far as I can see. I have Prestashop 1.6.1.20. I set everything up, clicked on partial refund but nothing appears to have happened. Nothing has gone out of my PayPal account so how can the customer have been refunded? 

unless you clicked the paypal refund button, the standard partial refund prestashop has does not refund using the apis. Like for paypal it seems the only way is to do it manually, or else do a full refund through the button.

I do a lot of partial refunds  the process I follow the same process each time and it doesn't effect your accounting

hit the partial refund  choose which items are being returned so they can go back in stock if thats whats required if not  then type the refund amount in the box tick the box  refund paypal  then do the refund manually  once i have a reference for the refund  i type this in the payment box  underneath the status  and add a minus amount  click add and the invoice and everything balances up.  I also send a copy of the new invoice to the customer.

its a right pain unlike the full refund which is easy 

• 1 year later...

Which is the button for partial refund? 
On top of order management i have access to "Return products" button (attached images) 
If i update order status to refunded - then paypal returns the whole amount.
I need to have partia refund without paypal api being called. 

Screenshot 2021-05-31 at 2.24.16 PM.png

• 1 year later...
On 5/16/2020 at 10:04 AM, puffdade said:

I do a lot of partial refunds  the process I follow the same process each time and it doesn't effect your accounting

hit the partial refund  choose which items are being returned so they can go back in stock if thats whats required if not  then type the refund amount in the box tick the box  refund paypal  then do the refund manually  once i have a reference for the refund  i type this in the payment box  underneath the status  and add a minus amount  click add and the invoice and everything balances up.  I also send a copy of the new invoice to the customer.

its a right pain unlike the full refund which is easy 

I also do this, but I have an issue regarding the selling statistics. I have noticed that even though the product comes back to the stock, when you go to the product statistics (statsproduct) it still counts as as sold product in that particular order.

When we manage a full refund we have no issue, since we change the order status to "Cancelled" and it inmediately dissapears from the statistic.

Has somebody resolved this issue????

If there was any way to know the stats of the refunded products, that would also solve the problem, since we could just deduct the real sells. Also it would be a good tracker to check if any product is commonly defective or less likeable, so this would be an even better solution.

Thanks!