Push notification (WhatsApp??) on phone, new order

Lucif

• 1 year later...

To keep this alive, my company is trying to get access to the whatsapp API so I can create a module that send notifications to admins and users about order states, order creation, shipping, and so on.

I think it would be a good solution for the ecommerces, and you?

10 minutes ago, Pandal said:

To keep this alive, my company is trying to get access to the whatsapp API so I can create a module that send notifications to admins and users about order states, order creation, shipping, and so on.

I think it would be a good solution for the ecommerces, and you?

That would be very useful. Hard to tell tho if Whatsup API will let you do that with such limits they have.

1 minute ago, ComGrafPL said:

That would be very useful. Hard to tell tho if Whatsup API will let you do that with such limits they have.

In these days the finance and the marketing department of my company is trying to pass all the verification checks to access facebook business and then whatsapp business api.

But as you said, in fact, the whatsapp APIs have a cost so the only one way to make this type of service (in this case a PS module) would be a pricing plan such as 
0-1000 messages 15€/month and so on. (Totally random numbers and price, I have no idea on how the pricing work for these APIs).

I have a friend that obtained these APIs and created a cart abbandonment recovery system for woocommerce, and the cost of the APIs was 50€/month without known limits, so he was trying to sell a service to reach almost 50€ of monthly revenue.. He is an independent developer so paying 50€/month for something he does not use in big ecommerce or big projects is not a good idea.

I don't know if he did something with these APIs I'll as khim.

Anyway right now I saw that facebook "decreased" the level of difficulty of submiting a form to ask for the APIs (you can send it without having a facebook enterprise validated account). Honestly I don't know if they'll answer, we've waited such as 6 months to get the facebook enterprise account enabled (still not validated, they asked for a lot of company financial documents)

44 minutes ago, ndiaga said:

Hi,

I  was  trying  to  build  one  based  on  a client   request  .

All the  server  part  of  the  module  is  ready .  I  try  different  methods  to  send  message  with  WhatsApp  API  with  no  success.

So   the  client  told  me  to  use  SMS  instead .  

But  I'm  still  doing  research  for  the  WhatsApp  part.

As company you can ask to use the public API using this form: https://www.facebook.com/business/m/whatsapp/business-api

But honestly I don't know the chance to get the access.

Anyway using SMS is a good idea but the cost of sending SMS is too high, especially for big companies and multi-country shops.

• 1 month later...