[help please] database references

renier8

Hello to everyone here.

I duplicated/copied my site on Domain A to another Domain B

Everything looks good, but the hosting company sent me this message:

Domain B has database references to Domain A. Hence, you need to contact your website developer and change the database references.

There is no developer😬. I just built the site like most people.  I have no idea how to do this. Is there anyone that can assist me, please. Hopefully the solution is not too technical, but I will try any suggestions.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Renier

Login to site A's cPanel, then phpmyadmin, and export your database. Then login to site's b cpanel, create a database with database wizard, save the credentials.
Login to this new phpmyadmin, import the database you got from the other site. Access site B via ftp, config/settings.inc.php and change the database address and credentials to the new one.
In the B back office, reach SEO and URLs and make sure the domain is the new one

Hello. Thank you for your kind help. A question please:

Since site B is a duplication, do I still have to make a new database, or do I import the extracted sql file to the default database that already exists, which contains the duplicated content?

if you already imported the duplicated one, you can skip it and simply hook it up in the file. Although, if you went live chances are it's gonna be missing the latest orders, so you might better copy over all of the customers, addresses and orders tables