State drop down in registration not populating

mikelucid

Hi,

I was testing my registration today and found out it has been impossible for anyone to register on my site for who knows how long......

If you check out the registration page http://www.stretchshapes.net/authentication.php you can see that the state drop down isnt working. I have made a temporary work around by commenting these lines in authentication.php

//if (intval($country->contains_states) AND !intval($address->id_state))
               //$errors[] = Tools::displayError('this country require a state selection');

I really need to be able to gather the customers state info for shipping purposes.

Also the state feild hids by default and is brough up whn te bounrty is slelcted by this doesnt work for me either. It seems like im missing a JS files of something but i have jquery-1.2.6.pack.js, jquery.easing.1.3.js, and statesManagement.js

Any help please?

This is because I made changes to the php fields so users could still use my site until i can figure out a solution. What is there is only a temporary fix, like i stated above. I did change the my addresses page as well.

thanks for the input :)

statesManagement.js

...and, now that I just glanced at its code, I'm reminded that I wrestled a similar bitch of a problem on the opc new account form submission.
I had hidden the redundant Firstname Lastname fields; this caused an error because the ajax script was only POSTing values for visible inputs.

Have you similarly hidden (or omitted) any fields?

I actually had changed a few things around. I am going to revert back to my original tpl and see if it solves it..

• 2 weeks later...

yes ps_state has the data
Actually I upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4 and this started happening

This is the website http://tinyurl.com/3tnv6vn
I see that when I change the selection in the countries listbox, I do get the "too much recursion" error in FireFox

Error: too much recursion
Source File: http://thetshirtexchange.com/js/jquery/jquery-1.4.4.min.js
Line: 33

State is enabled in BO

• 1 month later...

I also upgraded to version 1.4.1 and had this issue. Today I upgraded to version 1.4.2 thinking maybe it would get fixed with no luck. At checkout I get an error that says:
There is 1 error :
This country requires a state selection

But there is no option to select a state. I'm using instant checkout, but the problem is the same for the 5 step checkout.

Any thoughts?

I see what looks like a new field under Back Office -> Shipping -> Countries -> US (edit)

The new looking field is called address layout and mine currently looks like this:

firstname lastname
company
address1
address2
postcode city
State:name
State:iso_code
phone

And this is what I have at checkout:

E-mail *
First name *
Last name *
Delivery address
First name *
Last name *
Company
Address *
Zip / Postal code *
City *
Country *
Home phone *

Is this a 1.4.2 bug? A settings issue? Something with US shipping?

Any advice?
Thanks!

• 3 years later...

has anyone found out how to fix this yet?  I have a client that needs this fixed very badly!  I can NOT select a state from the drop down menu on checkout.  It worked just fine then stopped working???

Server information

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Wed Mar 7 00:52:02 GMT 2012 x86_64

Server software version: Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.17 mod_perl/2.0.6 Perl/v5.10.1

PHP version: 5.2.17

Memory limit: 256M

Max execution time: 30

Database information

MySQL version: 5.0.96-community

MySQL engine: InnoDB

Tables prefix: ps_

Store information

PrestaShop version: 1.5.6.2

Shop URL: https://www.sportsworldfire.com/

Current theme in use: leoconv

Edited by hotwirenetworks (see edit history)

has anyone found out how to fix this yet?  I have a client that needs this fixed very badly!  I can NOT select a state from the drop down menu on checkout.  It worked just fine then stopped working???

Server information

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Wed Mar 7 00:52:02 GMT 2012 x86_64

Server software version: Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.17 mod_perl/2.0.6 Perl/v5.10.1

PHP version: 5.2.17

Memory limit: 256M

Max execution time: 30

Database information

MySQL version: 5.0.96-community

MySQL engine: InnoDB

Tables prefix: ps_

Store information

PrestaShop version: 1.5.6.2

Shop URL: https://www.sportsworldfire.com/

Current theme in use: leoconv

tested using firefox, instant checkout had state dropdown as well as regular checkout.  Normally I don't suggest this but clear cache/cookies in browser.  if you are having this issue with different browser than firefox post here and I will try that browser.