How to create own templatw

Bernst

Hello guys,

I install Prestashop on my server and now  want to creat my own template. The problem is, i want program special functions (for example: when you scroll down, a picture split an go on side,like on the apple site). With the default templates it is not possible. Thats why i want to program my Own template. How can i do it?

we are all 'in' on parent child, for PS if you go full bore feature rich theme it's a lot of load on hosting, so for performance using a parent/child theme with 1.7 theme inheritance you can do pretty much anything with it

https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/themes/reference/template-inheritance/parent-child-feature/

however!  default theme comes with 'few' tools, nothing compared to say a leo theme or other high quality 'paid' theme, great menu system, slides, content widgts etc, ap page manager etc.  those are big trade offs when building off default theme

so what do to?  i recommend unless this is a branded asset build is find a 'high' quality paid theme that closely matches your design, then incorporate your design into that framework.  then you will have all the front office tools you will need to make a modern ecommerce experience.

good luck with your project

el