Add to Cart is very Slow

ButikVille

Need your help friends...  

The add to cart button is taking almost 4-5 seconds before the popup comes. Found couple of threads, but nothing seems to be working.

Prestashop version 1.7.5.2 

Site URL: https://www.oyeshoppy.in/

P.S. it's a fresh installation without any module or customizations. If needed I'll share login credentials to back-office, I just want this to be resolved. 

I'm on hostgator shared hosting.

Thanks

I didn't mention that it would be faster once you disable it. I wanted to see the reason of the slowliness.

What I can say you need to decrease the number of javascript files loaded on your website as there are numerous files loaded but not used on your website. However, besides that, the main reason of add to cart slowliness is the core.js of your theme. I would update my Prestashop version to the latest and also I wpuld consider to switch to another theme.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/27/2019 at 4:51 PM, ButikVille said:

Need your help friends...  

The add to cart button is taking almost 4-5 seconds before the popup comes. Found couple of threads, but nothing seems to be working.

Prestashop version 1.7.5.2 

Site URL: https://www.oyeshoppy.in/

P.S. it's a fresh installation without any module or customizations. If needed I'll share login credentials to back-office, I just want this to be resolved. 

I'm on hostgator shared hosting.

Thanks

Hi,

It is taking 3 seconds for add to cart pop up (which is almost normal)

please disable all non native modules specially(Google or any other Analytics/ Mailchimp) and then give it a try.

But again , this is the normal speed of the add to cart popup, you can check in other PS shops for satisfaction.

Thanks

image.png.b523c44a2bcacda07107b32b652e4b62.png

Hi @SMTmardan

This is a well known issue for all Ps up until 1.7.6.2 . The issue lies in PS's enormous number of requests sent ; over 350 for the same variable. 

I recommend you to upgrade the store at least to the Ps 1.7.7 version and it should work better, also make sure you activate profiling, or new relic ...

cheers, 

Leo 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I have the same problem and I can't fix this

When I add a product to my card, it takes 10 sec to load the popup. also the order proces after this is slow.

I use prestashop version 1.7.8.5 

Somebody some suggestion what can be the reason? 

Ik can provide the url if i need.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...