Licenses/purchases are linked to URL?

TABcommerce

Hello all,

I'm new to Prestashop and I'm wondering if the purchases made on addons.prestashop.com are linked to one URL only (since I must specify the shop url just before the download).

I mean: once I donwnloaded the mod or the template, I can use it only on the url specified?

Best regards and than you for your help.

Edited by TABcommerce (see edit history)

Why you don't test locally ? Install for ex. your Linux and Prestashop under virtualbox. If you are using the theme on several different URL's you need to buy more than one license. You can test for ex. the theme also in a secured login sub-folder of domain x. So you will not have any problem running the theme twice. 😉

Hello selectshop.at, yes I could try locally but I can't have the same ambient I have on production, local servers are not exactly the production environment so I like to test it there.

If it's allowed, I could close the directory with a basic http auth on the real server, to make it private. What do you think about it?

Locally with virtualbox linux install and configuration from the scratch is the same as server in production, but you need to know how to install and configure linux servers. For XAMPP yes you are right, this is emulated version and not same as server in production.

The best is to install on same server in a sub-folder a new Prestashop version. Secure this sub-folder by login and you can test on same environment you are running your site in production. There is no need to install it in a second domain.

On test domain I would recommend to block robots in robots.txt file, have shop in maintenance mode or password protect folder.

Local can be good for development but for final testing I prefer test domain but if possible on same server. 

That way you can see how would PHP version with installed extension and MySQL are working.

Good luck with development and selling after, just remember content come first then  visual :)