IPV6 not supported by Prestashop

jetway

Hi, 

I see that Visitors have the IP 0.0.0.0 in the who is online window. I was trying to figure out whats happening and now know its users that access the shop with IPV6. Prestashop doesnt recognize it and shows 0.0.0.0. Any fix for this out yet?

Regards

I think this is not Prestashop problem, but your server not delivering IPV6 correctly. You already tried with another statistic software on your server ? Most servers do not deliver IPV6 for statistic purposes, they only support the use of, but are not delivering the data for stat purposes. Furthermore there are other components involved for the correct delivering of IPV6 data. The use of IPV6 data is not really 100% guaranteed, because not all networks are already working/supporting IPV6 as well.

Just now, selectshop.at said:

I think this is not Prestashop problem, but your server not delivering IPV6 correctly. You already tried with another statistic software on your server ? Most servers do not deliver IPV6 for statistic purposes, they only support the use of, but are not delivering the data for stat purposes. Furthermore there are other components involved for the correct delivering of IPV6 data. The use of IPV6 data is not really 100% guaranteed, because not all networks are already working/supporting IPV6 as well.

Yes it is Prestashops problem because you cannot store an IPV6 like you store an IPV4. 

1 hour ago, jetway said:

you cannot store an IPV6 like you store an IPV4.

Exactly what I said. Your server is providing IPV6 data correctly ? IPV6 is configured correctly in your php-version in use ? Database is configured for to provide IPV6 correctly ? There are several other factors acting here, not only Prestashop.  Prestashop is IPV6 ready. What is known, is that in the past there were two very old bugs in it, already debugged (maintenance mode and geolocation module).