[SOLVED] PrestaShop 1.4 and SSL

dgornik

It seems version 1.4 works different with SSL than 1.3. Did anyone successfully install dedicated SSL on 1.4?

Whenever I try to switch SSL on I am not able to display any of the main pages like my-account, etc. with the error message:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

(btw. comparable message with other browsers)

I can access other pages via https:// without a problem!

There are other discussions in this forum with questions about it, but no answer. I am with 1and1 and have dedicated certification for my whole web page.

---------------------------------------------------------

O.K. searched for bugs and found the following solution (and tested it in my shop):

Reported by bellini13:
I noticed the problem for me was in the FrontController.php. The code checks if the variable $_SERVER['HTTPS']) == 'on'.However for me the value is '1' and not 'on'. After changing the code to check for '1', then the redirect issue went away.

So... edit the FrontController.php file and replace the 'on' in several occasions with '1' and SSL should work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Finally figured out my host needed $_SERVER[‘SSL’]) instead of $_SERVER[‘HTTPS’])

Hi Babyewok,

I am having the same issue I think. Where did you change this at? What file and where? I need SSL and it keeps

Telling me there's unsecure items on the site.

Thank you,

Mark