Martina.Tom

Searching - 500 error

Hi,

I´m creating new shop on Prestashop 1.6 and if I try to search I get 500 server error mostly and the searching is slow. I think that it is the problem with the quantity of products (over 40.000 pcs). I use VPS server.

Could you please help me?

Thanks,

Martina

Posted (edited)

That makes 3 of us. I get a server error 500 when I update cms or product pages. The pages (or database table relating to the page) do get updated  obviously there's some underlying problem. Strange thing is I haven't updated the server code or the server configuration - it just seems to have started happening in the last day.

Edited by Ckay (see edit history)

On 10/3/2019 at 5:52 PM, Ckay said:

That makes 3 of us. I get a server error 500 when I update cms or product pages. The pages (or database table relating to the page) do get updated  obviously there's some underlying problem. Strange thing is I haven't updated the server code or the server configuration - it just seems to have started happening in the last day.

And still no solution? :(

Just now, joslynahlgren said:

And still no solution? :(

As it happens yes. I went to Advanced Parameters>Performance - then Force compilation and cleared the cache. The problem has now gone.

I'm on version 1.6, so not sure how this is done with 1.7 but I can't imagine it's that different - but I could be completely wrong.