How Can I Add Multiple Attributes?

Hi there,

I hope someone can please help me.

I need to add 2 different sets of attributes for a product. One is for the product size as a drop-down, and the other is for colour as a drop down.

The problem I am facing is that if I create 2 attributes, they merge together into 1 encompassing all of the options, rather than separating them into two separate attribute groups.

Can anybody please tell me how I can create the 2 separate attribute groups with their own independent options?

Many thanks!

Thanks for the reply and I apologise for the delay in replying.

The product has 2 different attributes that need to be selected. one of them is the thickness of the product (ie. 100/pkg), the second attribute needs to be in a separate drop down list and is for selecting size (ie. small, medium,large).

I went to the attributes section and created 1 attribute for the thickness variants. I

After that I went to the product that required these attributes.

The first thing I did was to create the product size. So I selected  'S' and 'L' from the size box on the right hand side of the product. Once I had done that I clicked on the 'generate' button. The two options duly appeared in the middle of the screen. I set a quantity to ensure they would display.

I then selected the thicknesses I wanted and from the relevant attribute box on the right hand side and then clicked the 'generate' button again. The thickness options have been added underneath the size options that I have already created. I add a quantity to make sure they are going to display. However, when I go to the front end and view the product, I can see the product size drop down with both of the entries in there and I can also see the drop-down box for the thicknesses. However, this box has no entries in it.

I've attached some screen grabs as you asked. I'd be very grateful if you could please advise.

prestashop-forum-1.jpg

prestashop-forum-2.jpg