1.7.6 contact form message send success but not received by email

Hello friends, 

Recently i have a website with prestashop 1.7.6. When I send message at contact page by contact form, it show Your message has been successfully sent to our team.. But I can only find message at backoffice customer service page. The message didn't go into my email inbox.

I use default phpmail feature. Only changed at contact form module,   Send confirmation email to your customers  YES &  Receive customers' messages by email YES. I believe all my settings are right as I have another prestashop with the same version and works fine.

For this website, my website and my email are hosted in different servers. I don't know if this is the problem. I have another prestashop site (website and email hosted in same hosting) contact form works fine. 

Please can anyone help me how to solve this problem? Thank you!

On 9/8/2019 at 4:45 PM, rayleic said:

Can anyone help? Do I have to move the email to the same hosting as the website to solve the problem?

This kind of issue can be very hard to solve. Imagine, the email can fall into the trash in every server along the way, including your computer.

I suggest to avoid @gmail.com emails everywhere in the shop. Of course, it is much better to use @mysite.com emails on www.mysite.com.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. I am using hostgator business plan hosting. Yes I found this place when I install prestashop I updated the php version to 7.0 here. After click Select PHP version, it goes to a new page but can't find intl option. The screenshot is like attached photo.

HOST.JPG

• 9 months later...

While using wordpress I meet the similar problem and use WP SMTP solved this kind of problem. Then, I revised the prestashop mail method to SMTP and set smtp information, it works now! Anyone have problem with PHPmail, you can try SMTP method.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, technocracy said:

Anyone find a solution?  

Agreed incredibly frustrating issue.  

I have the PHP Intl thing active but the messages just go to the BO Customer Services page and not emails. 

Yes.  I have successfully solved it.  You have to upgrade the module.  Then after that, you go to the module configuration and turn the receive email ON and save the configuration.  That's all.  Working perfectly well now on my 1.7.6.7

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, technocracy said:

Thanks for the reply - yes I discover the added toggle switches under the module configuration earlier today.

It baffles me why they were added in the default of disabled, makes no sense. 

Yeah.  But you got the solution now right??

8 hours ago, technocracy said:

Anyone find a solution?  

Agreed incredibly frustrating issue.  

I have the PHP Intl thing active but the messages just go to the BO Customer Services page and not emails. 

Yes.  I have successfully solved it.  You have to upgrade the module.  Then after that, you go to the module configuration and turn the receive email ON and save the configuration.  That's all.  Working perfectly well now on my 1.7.6.7

• 1 month later...

I also have a complete module that solve Both on city and zip code drop-down.  And it will display everywhere an address is found.  It also have a feature to allow customers to add their city and zip code if is not listed.  Well,  you can disable the feature if you don't want the customer to add their own city and zip code.  I will send the link here if you want or can message me if you want too.  

• 2 months later...
On 11/25/2020 at 6:58 AM, Mr. Trice said:

I made a video to explain best way to solve this in case you are still confused. watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ybc-dJqz58 

Edited by Mr. Trice (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/25/2020 at 9:58 AM, Mr. Trice said:

Hi, Which Module are you refereng to here

Edited by rezaladak
Solved Error (see edit history)

• 2 months later...