rayleic

1.7.6 contact form message send success but not received by email

Hello friends, 

Recently i have a website with prestashop 1.7.6. When I send message at contact page by contact form, it show Your message has been successfully sent to our team.. But I can only find message at backoffice customer service page. The message didn't go into my email inbox.

I use default phpmail feature. Only changed at contact form module,   Send confirmation email to your customers  YES &  Receive customers' messages by email YES. I believe all my settings are right as I have another prestashop with the same version and works fine.

For this website, my website and my email are hosted in different servers. I don't know if this is the problem. I have another prestashop site (website and email hosted in same hosting) contact form works fine. 

Please can anyone help me how to solve this problem? Thank you!

Can anyone help? Do I have to move the email to the same hosting as the website to solve the problem?

On 9/8/2019 at 4:45 PM, rayleic said:

Can anyone help? Do I have to move the email to the same hosting as the website to solve the problem?

This kind of issue can be very hard to solve. Imagine, the email can fall into the trash in every server along the way, including your computer.

I suggest to avoid @gmail.com emails everywhere in the shop. Of course, it is much better to use @mysite.com emails on www.mysite.com.