Shop Owner New Order Email Notification not working

Hi Everyone 

I am having issues receiving the confirmation email when ordering from the site.   I think I have tried everything! Let me explain.

• The client receives the confirmation email just fine,
  • The online contact form also works  correctly (both the client and shop receive email), 
  • The test email works fine from BO email configuration

The only thing that DOES NOT WORK are the confirmation order emails to the Merchant!

Solutions I have tried but with no success.

• I have installed mailalerts module
  • I have changed the PHP mail Funcion to SMTP emails
  • Checked with host company there is no restrictions plus there is NO LOG of emails being sent to the shop owner when order is confirmed. No trace of email...
  • Tried all email formats (text and HTML)

But no luck! My order confirmation emails still do not arrive to the shop owner! 

What Can this be? 

Thanks in advance, 

Edited by Yan16 (see edit history)

• Yan16 changed the title to Order confirmation mail not sent to shop owner

Hi Guys

Thanks for reply in the end I managed to solve this issue!  My problem was that the mail alert module i had installed was not working I got this from GitHUB  https://github.com/PrestaShop/mailalerts  AND THIS DOES NOT WORK with latest prestashop.  

For those with similar issue you need to download the mail alert module directly from Prestahop Modules Manager,  (just search for mail alert) this is the correct one and this will solve the issue of sending mail confirmations to merchant. 

Best

HI  weixuan0710

I am not much of an expert here but you should try the following steps.

• First test you prestashop in mail configuration to make sure it sends emails correctly. 
  • Changed the PHP mail Function to SMTP to send emails, this works some times!  ( > Email configuration )
  • Checked with you host company to make sure there  is no restrictions plus get them to check the log to see if prestashop is sending emails.  ( > Email configuration ) 
  • Try with all email formats (text & HTML) ( > Email configuration )
  • Perhaps try another mailalert module I understand there are some paid options that might work better for your instalation. (From what I understand this is the main one... u need to try). I tried 3 diff ones until  I found the one that worked for me... not sure why but it did! 

Hope this helps. 

Best 

8 hours ago, Yan16 said:

HI  weixuan0710

I am not much of an expert here but you should try the following steps.

• First test you prestashop in mail configuration to make sure it sends emails correctly. 
  • Changed the PHP mail Function to SMTP to send emails, this works some times!  ( > Email configuration )
  • Checked with you host company to make sure there  is no restrictions plus get them to check the log to see if prestashop is sending emails.  ( > Email configuration ) 
  • Try with all email formats (text & HTML) ( > Email configuration )
  • Perhaps try another mailalert module I understand there are some paid options that might work better for your instalation. (From what I understand this is the main one... u need to try). I tried 3 diff ones until  I found the one that worked for me... not sure why but it did! 

Hope this helps. 

Best 

Hi, Yan16

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate your time and patience.

i sorted out my problem. Probably everyone will laugh at me. The reason is when I change my logo of order email from .png to .jpg, everything is fine. 

See, such a little thing pain me ass at least 1 week time. Can not imagine Gmail even has the limitation on .png format in the email, not on .jpg.

other people can try to solve your email problem after seeing it. But the condition is that you find log errors in the back office with 552.0.5.7 (security contents  risk in the email.

thanks for Gmail about this limitation which it is really hard to find it out. I have to say I got my luck to figure out after I tried every solution.

Best regards

michael

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys!

I got the same Problem.
All mails are sent as they shoudl, except the new_order mail of ps_emailalerts.

I tried and checked everything from above but nothing worked. I use PS v 1.7.6.7
I already created several prestashops with this module and never had a problem.
It already worked with the current project but about a month ago it stopped sending the mails as far as i can tell from the mailhistory of prestashop.

I don't know of anything critical that changed, i barely remember any change at all since this project is live for quite some time now.

The modules version is 2.2.1 but already tried 2.2.2 as well.

If anyone got any other idea on why the new_order mail might run into an error just tell me pls.

I'm totally out of ideas at this point and sadly the log is empty light a desert.

Thanks in advance of your answer.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have a different problem

When the administrator create an order in Back Office - I receive an email with information of new order

When a Customer makes an order - I also Receive an amail with information about new order

But when someone(not the administrator) create an order on Back Office - I DO NOT receive na email with info "new order"

What should I do...

I use mail alert module

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Hello, I have received this email 

Hello {firstname} {lastname},

New notification message saved

Warning: you have received a new notice in your store's Back Office.

You can check this in the Advanced Settings > Logs section of your back office