"Display tax in cart" doesn't work...?

I wish that taxes are not displayed in shopping cart.

Obviously i need to tick "No" next to "Display tax in cart" in BO/Payment/Taxes.

For some reason it doesn't help and taxes remain displayed. Any ideas?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with 1.5.3.

I do not want "Total (tax excl.):" and "Total tax:" to show up on the check out page. I've tried all the suggestions like:-

1) Display tax in cart (No) - It Didn't Work

2) Switch "Tax Included" to "Tax Excluded" on customer groups

3) Switched off tax completely

All I want to display is the product price with the tax as one figure (which it does) and the Shipping cost (which it does), but it also shows Total (tax excl and Total tax).

If anyone has any ideas to solve this it would be a big help. This is my third Open Source Shopping Cart I'm testing!

Regards

Scorptech

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with 1.5.3.

I do not want "Total (tax excl.):" and "Total tax:" to show up on the check out page. I've tried all the suggestions like:-

1) Display tax in cart (No) - It Didn't Work

2) Switch "Tax Included" to "Tax Excluded" on customer groups

3) Switched off tax completely

All I want to display is the product price with the tax as one figure (which it does) and the Shipping cost (which it does), but it also shows Total (tax excl and Total tax).

If anyone has any ideas to solve this it would be a big help. This is my third Open Source Shopping Cart I'm testing!

Regards

Scorptech

Hi, same goes for me.

No tax shown on cart nor on checkout page

everithing is set and checked from Presta users

This was an 1.5.2 update to 1.5.3.X already loaded products and stuff...

I fear I'll have to erase everything and start over.

I really didn't guess Presta so 'difficult'

• 3 months later...

Tax row is shown permanently despite Display tax in the shopping cart state on modified default theme, but on default theme this feature works fine.

What file do we need to copy from default theme to modified or what should be done to overcome it?

I've done a back up and copied shopping-cart.tpl from default theme to myTheme. After that translation of cart should be done but tax issue is solved.

Edited by fresh_fx59 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue in version 1.4.10.0. But, in my case, there is no option name "Display tax in shopping cart". I've looked everywhere for it, starting with "Tax options"... no luck! Was it left off in 1.4.10 and, if so, WHY?

I assume you should examine shopping-cart.tpl to turn tax displaying off.