Moneybookers / Skrill - Chargeback request

Last week I got email from Skrill:

"Dear ******

We have received a chargeback request from our provider for the following transaction:

Transaction ID: ***********
Amount: 36.4 EUR
Date: 05/10/2013

A chargeback transaction and corresponding fee have therefore been deducted from your balance. These can be found in the 'history' section of your Skrill account:

Chargeback transaction ID: *******
Chargeback fee transaction ID: ******

In order for us to dispute this chargeback and potentially report the case to the authorities, we request that you provide us with the following:

- Name, address and contact details of the customer
- Details of the goods/services provided to the customer
- Proof that the goods/services were sent to the customer
- Any additional information that you feel is relevant to this case

This should be sent via email to [email protected] or fax to +44 709 204 2001. If we are able to successfully dispute this charge back, you will be reimbursed appropriately.

Kind regards,
Skrill Merchant Services
"

Skrill also charged me fee of 25€ for this chargeback request.

I contacted customer who didn't know anything about chargeback request and confirmed me, that she got delivery with ordered good. I also contacted Diners (custumer did payment with Diners card), but Diners told me to solve problem with Skrill.

I sent to Skrill printscreen of order, URL of tracking number of package, signed certificate of delivery.

It's been a week and I haven't got money back. But I did recieve this email:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We would like to confirm that the information you have provided us with has been forwarded to our Department in charge, so that they would be able to handle your case respectively.

Thank you for your kind co-operation.

Best regards,
Skrill Merchant Services
"

I feel cheated and robbed. Customer got goods for free, but I lost 61.4 € (36.4€ for goods and 25 € fees).

Last week I got email from Skrill:

"Dear ******

We have received a chargeback request from our provider for the following transaction:

Transaction ID: ***********

Amount: 36.4 EUR

Date: 05/10/2013

A chargeback transaction and corresponding fee have therefore been deducted from your balance. These can be found in the 'history' section of your Skrill account:

Chargeback transaction ID: *******

Chargeback fee transaction ID: ******

In order for us to dispute this chargeback and potentially report the case to the authorities, we request that you provide us with the following:

This should be sent via email to [email protected] or fax to +44 709 204 2001. If we are able to successfully dispute this charge back, you will be reimbursed appropriately.

Kind regards,

Skrill Merchant Services"

Skrill also charged me fee of 25€ for this chargeback request.

I contacted customer who didn't know anything about chargeback request and confirmed me, that she got delivery with ordered good. I also contacted Diners (custumer did payment with Diners card), but Diners told me to solve problem with Skrill.

I sent to Skrill printscreen of order, URL of tracking number of package, signed certificate of delivery.

It's been a week and I haven't got money back. But I did recieve this email:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We would like to confirm that the information you have provided us with has been forwarded to our Department in charge, so that they would be able to handle your case respectively.

Thank you for your kind co-operation.

Best regards,

Skrill Merchant Services "

I feel cheated and robbed. Customer got goods for free, but I lost 61.4 € (36.4€ for goods and 25 € fees).

this is unfortunately standard "SCAM" if you use payments like skrill,paypal etc.

in google you can find many pages related to this where merchants described how they (scammers) cheating us :(

order for us to dispute this chargeback and potentially report the case to the authorities, we request that you provide us with the following:

have you provided these datas?

it's the only way to get money back

Here is the latest reply of Skrill. They will be solving case for 6 months?! and even If it would be refunded to me, they will not refund fees 25€. This is not fair and justice for sellers.

Further to your inquiry, please note that a chargeback is the return of funds to a consumer, forcibly initiated by the consumer's issuing bank. Specifically, it is the reversal of a prior outbound transfer of funds from a consumer's credit or debit card. The chargeback is reversal against a sale that was credited to the merchant's account.

In case of a chargeback, two charges are deducted from your merchant account:

• The transaction amount – being returned back to the cardholder
  • The chargeback fee imposed by the credit card organizations

There are various chargeback reasons, such as:

- Services/Merchandise Not Received

- Not as Described or Defective

- Cardholder Does Not Recognize

- Fraudulent Transaction - cardholder did not participate in the transaction

Upon receiving a charge back our system is instantly sending notification to the respective merchant, requesting additional information and delivery proof, based on which we can proceed with the so called charge back objection in a certain timeframe (depending on the card issuer we have between 3 and 15 days).

Once the charge back objection is submitted the respective Acquirer will review the case in accordance to their specific regulations and internal procedures. In most of the cases in order for the card issuer to provide final resolution regarding the objection it is necessary for them to complete their own investigation. Normally we are receiving resolution in 1 – 3 months, however on occasions it takes up to 6 months. Currently, we have submitted the delivery proof that you have provided us with, and are waiting for a resolution from the Acquirer.

On a successful chargeback objection, you shall retrieve the transaction amount, however the chargeback fee is non-refundable, regardless the circumstances. The exact amount of a chargeback fee is stated in the merchant agreement.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us again in case you need any further assistance.

With kind regards,
Skrill Merchant Services

Prestashop community should enforce Skrill and  others to protect also sellers. I agree that if a customers is cheated, seller should be punished. But in cases like that, when sellers are not responsible for chargebacks, they should protect sellers - they must solve problem in few days, not few months and also refund fees.

I really feel robbed...