Question mark on all product images

hello

it sounds like memory problem but im not sure at all.

Pictures dont work well without any reason? or maybe pictures don't work after changes in the back office? Can you say something more? it is possible to share the url to your shop?

ok, how many products to you have? What more than likely is the case is you need to regenerate your images from the back office. If you have say over 1k products, you need to make sure that the images are moved to the "new style" directories. That setting is on the same page.

• 1 month later...

I've got a fresh install of PrestaShop 1.5.4.1, and images are not showing for me in many places.

For example, in the category page, I see a question mark instead of the product image:

http://www.blacksand...hop/en/6-cables

However, viewed products and new products IS showing images.

I've tried a number of things, including:

• Deleting and recreating the htaccess
  • Disabling and enabling friendly URL and canonical url
  • Changing permissions in img folder to 777
  • Regenerating thumbnails
  • Creating a tools.php file in override/classes to extend "ToolsCore" (apacheModExists).

I am still getting an error on the friendly URL page: "URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server, or it is not possible to check your server configuration. If you want to use Friendly URLs, you must activate this mod."

URL rewriting is, in fact, enabled on my server, and I use it on other sites on this server (BlueHost), so not sure why this error would exist, especially after extending ToolsCore to return true when checking.

What else can I try?

UPDATE: It appears to be related to the theme... I switched back to the default theme and images appeared. Where can I find the files to change in the new theme?

UPDATE2: I've contacted the developer. I'm still looking through source trying to find the problem, but would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Edited by Jason Silver (see edit history)

I've got a fresh install of PrestaShop 1.5.4.1, and images are not showing for me in many places. For example, in the category page, I see a question mark instead of the product image: http://www.blacksand...hop/en/6-cables However, viewed products and new products IS showing images. I've tried a number of things, including:
  • Deleting and recreating the htaccess
  • Disabling and enabling friendly URL and canonical url
  • Changing permissions in img folder to 777
  • Regenerating thumbnails
  • Creating a tools.php file in override/classes to extend "ToolsCore" (apacheModExists).

I am still getting an error on the friendly URL page: "URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server, or it is not possible to check your server configuration. If you want to use Friendly URLs, you must activate this mod." URL rewriting is, in fact, enabled on my server, and I use it on other sites on this server (BlueHost), so not sure why this error would exist, especially after extending ToolsCore to return true when checking. What else can I try? UPDATE: It appears to be related to the theme... I switched back to the default theme and images appeared. Where can I find the files to change in the new theme? UPDATE2: I've contacted the developer. I'm still looking through source trying to find the problem, but would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Hey Jason... at this link http://www.blacksanddistributors.ca/shop/en/6-cables images for all product is not coming up..

For Product The Statement One actual image is at http://www.blacksanddistributors.ca/shop/27-home_default/the-statement-one.jpg but in coding image which used is not "home_default" but it is "home"...

There is 2 option that you can do it..

1) you can change the code

2) From backend you can make new thumbs and images...

What will u prefer tell me..???

Alright, this isn't too hard to fix.

I opened all the .tpl files in my theme folder. I did a search for all occurrences of home, and if it was in a string form (ie, 'home' and not $home) then I changed it to home_default.

All my changes were from . 'home' . to . 'home_default'

It was about three or four files, including product-list.tpl, product-compare.tpl, and a couple of others.

Hope this helps someone!

I opened all the .tpl files in my theme folder. I did a search for all occurrences of home, and if it was in a string form (ie, 'home' and not $home) then I changed it to home_default.

It was about three or four files, including product-list.tpl, product-compare.tpl, and a couple of others.

Hope this helps someone!

Yes... You just need to replace "home" to "home_default" and it will be fine...

But what about Big images that is coming up on product details page is it all fine there??

if not than you also need to make changes in details page...

Simple solution to this is you can make copy of associated images that is used in your tpl files..

image_problem.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hope this helps someone!

I had the same problem on PS 1.5.4.1 with default theme. This was my solution:

1. modules > blockviewed > blockviewed.php change line 108

from

LEFT JOIN '.DB_PREFIX.'image i ON (i.id_product = p.id_product)'.

to

LEFT JOIN '.DB_PREFIX.'image i ON (i.id_product = p.id_product AND i.cover = 1)'.

2. theme > default > product_list.tpl change line 28

from

src="{$link->getImageLink($product.link_rewrite, $product.id_image, 'home')}"

to

src="{$link->getImageLink($product.link_rewrite, $product.id_image, 'home_default')}"

3. I had also a css issue. Replaced all default theme with fresh one and it solved the problem.

4. in backend under Preferences > Images regenerate images

Preferences >SEO & URLs  turn Friendly URL to on/off