Order confirmation e-mail is send before payment or even when order is not paid for

marketyellow3

Good morning,

Recently i noticed that the order confirmation e-mail is send even before a order has been paid for or even when a customer decides to cancel the order in the payment screen. This brings confusion to the customer, now the customer thinks his/her order is paid for. Is it possible to change when the order confirmation e-mail is send? like for example send it when the order status is "payment accepted"

Thank you for the help!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

you can easily set this up in shopsettings>ordersettings>status

Just uncheck the confirmation email at the order_conf mail template. Its just a way of handling orders. Maybe you dont want it this way, but others do. Anyway you can change it in this way.

On 2/6/2024 at 8:42 PM, ecommerce16 said:

you can easily set this up in shopsettings>ordersettings>status

Just uncheck the confirmation email at the order_conf mail template. Its just a way of handling orders. Maybe you dont want it this way, but others do. Anyway you can change it in this way.

There is no such option in status, order_conf mail is hard coded in to the PrestaShop and to stop sending it I can remove the code from /classes/paymentModule.php, but it will only stop sending it. In order status page I can select the order_conf template in the Payment Accepted status, but then when customer is getting email there are no data in it and all information is displayed like that {name} {total} {prdoduct} and so on. So I do not get how you guys do it I am using version of Prestashop 8.1.1.

Thanks for the comment.