Faceted search does not limit results (very long dropdown)

Hi. I am using PS 1.7.6.0 and having this issue also on my own website. I have long list of attributes (tire sizes) and the dropdown therefore is very(!) long. Filter limit result simply does not work for ps_facetedsearch module. I would like tis dropdown to be (for example) 10 lines and have a scrollbar (like here).

Instead of one superlong dropdown I would like to have a dropdown like it is solved here. Can it be achieved somehow? Or, is there any better filter module available for Prestashop that anyone could recommend?

Edited by Robineero (see edit history)

In addition to previous question - is it possible to set the order of attributes without drag and drop? For example during the import of attributes? For example if you have 600+ attributes (numeric, tire sizes), then it would be great to order them simply by value (like in WooCommerce). Any ideas? :)

• 3 months later...
On 11/5/2019 at 9:44 PM, gastonaportal2 said:

Hi, I found the fix for it.

In /themes/classic/assets/css/theme.css you search for:

.dropdown-menu{ and inside of { you can add 

max-height:200px;overflow:scroll

I think that it's better add its to custom.css but I'm not programmer :)

See how this shop uses 'show more' 'show less', this creates for me a smoother visitor experience.  example here  ebay has some very unique filtering system as well.

great topic, for some clients (and which I prefer) we display filter horizontally which displays similar to an rich menu onhover which frees up left col...thanks for topic and will follow along.