Upgraded to 4.1.17 but shipping not working - Help please

Hi I have a problem when trying to set up the shipping, I have upgraded from 1.2.5 to the latwest version.

When you go on checkout on the cart its says "There are no carriers available that deliver to this address.", I looked on the forium and can't find a soluation

I set my zone to United Kingdon, I set my weight ranges ie 1-5kg, 6-10kg etc and I set my postage cost by selecting stanard courier and adding the prices to the weight ranges.

I think the problem is in the courier field, I select the courier name, transit times etc and there is an option to tick the zone box.

When I tick the zone box for United Kingon and click safe and then go back to the courier page the zone box for united kingdom is unticked again for some reason.

Can anybody surgest what may be wrong, can I remove the shipping module and re-install it.Anyone noe what module controls this is any.

Thanks

Anyone any idea what this could be.

If I was to delete the files and folders for the courier part of the site does anyone no which files and folders I would need to delete and then put back in place from a fresh download incase there a problem with the files.

Hi, this is my first posting to this site.Sorry for my English. It is not my native language.I have similar problem. I've made some cutom delivery zones for my country in (Shipping-Carriers), I have disabled Éurope'zone from the Shipping-Zones. But it automatically add to the newly created carriers in (Shipping-Carriers).I've stopped worring for this, but today I wanted to change from 5 step checkout to 1 step checkout and I've experience the same problem like you with no delivery and payment option. After I read your comment simply Add Europe from the (Shipping-Zones). Then the delivery and payment options appeared and when I checked I've added in (Shipping-Carriers) now I was able to remove Europe from the zone that the carrier operates. I think that removing Europe from the (Shipping-Zones) it's not a recomended or there is a bug.

P.S.I wanted 1 step checkout, because when a customer goes to 'Çheckout' button it directs him to the address page and he or she can not add vaucher codes.

In addition to my previous comment I must add that this solution only worked temporary. So when I Removed 'Offer recycled packaging' option from the preferences, again there was no available carriers and payment options 1 page checkout process, so add Europe to my custom carriers in 'Shipping-Carriers'. Now it works again.

I think that removing Europe from the (Shipping-Zones) it's not a recomended or there is a bug.

P.S.I wanted 1 step checkout, because when a customer goes to 'Çheckout' button it directs him to the address page and he or she can not add vaucher codes.

I experienced the same. BUT I deleted the zone Europe... After several times dropping all data from Database tables and copyng from a default prestaversion the tables, to have a clean install, I'm not able anymore to put my cart to work. It seems that Europe is a key and cannot be deleted. If yess than cart do not works. I think there is a bug on that and have posted it on bug-tracker. Till now no response.

I'm happy that I'm not alone with this problem... I'm trying to put this into work since 4 days now. I give up...
Also my Database is an update from a 1.3.6 test-version, not online, so I can't say if it worked before.

Besides this I also have the problem, although I have all SVN-fixed files for cart and order, for me it is not possible to complete the cart if you have an minimum order and cart is lower of that. In later prestaversions there pops-up a warning, in my 1.4.0.17 there comes nothing and button "next" takes no effect, but without warning user don't know what is happening and go away...

I got it. It seems that upgraded Databases doesn't have the zones at country. I compared it with fresh 1.4.0.17 install and found that difference.

By adding to my country also the zone (missing there - see picture). Now it works (not how I want, but I have there now 2 carriers for select). Yuppie.....