Switching themes in PS 1.7 turns off modules?

gorkij

Is there a reason why installed and active modules in your store turns off when you switch theme? I use (amongst others) a module that limits payment methods based on the total value of the cart since there's several bank fees and similar involved.

Every time I switch themes, I have to reinstall and/or reconfigure these modules (Including hooks, but that's understandable) - why? Is there some reason for this behaviour?

Hello:

Theme installer has his own list of modules to be active or disabled regarding of what theme developer consider modules <-> theme compatibiliy. In your case a module like that should not have a compatibility issue with any theme, but it is maybe included on disable list.

Regards

59 minutes ago, Rolige said:

Hello:

Theme installer has his own list of modules to be active or disabled regarding of what theme developer consider modules <-> theme compatibiliy. In your case a module like that should not have a compatibility issue with any theme, but it is maybe included on disable list.

Regards

Thank you, that clarifies it somewhat. Using the classic theme, i fail to see the logic of it. If it was modules in relation to design - yes. Payment restriction? No. Also, it doesn't turn them inactive - they're still active in the lists but not working until they're turned on-and-off or reinstalled - THAT is rather annoying.

How am I to know what is operational and not? Or just run through all modules and turn them off/on?

19 hours ago, musicmaster said:

they're still active in the lists but not working until they're turned on-and-off or reinstalled

Hard to say what is happening. Maybe the module and the theme have an overwrite for the same file.

I just rechecked, I have to manually uninstall and reinstall modules after switching back and forth from a child theme of Classic. Not just reconfig and save.

Now, devs, this can't possibly be the meaning of the theme manager? The module tested here is V.Maissons Restriction of payment method 1.1.0 from the official stores. 

• 4 years later...