Simple content management

Installed and working, the shop look great (though a lack of themes.. anyone?)

I clicked the About on the homepage and error 404 occurred. No blank template or any easily found CMS inside the admin area. The shop support seems excellent but I can't find the simple site data modules. Have I not looked in the right space or not installed or configured something, or do I have to manually make these pages?

Where do i go to manage content for the site?

Thanks for that. Ok I've located the CMS section and there are 5 default pages. If I hit 'edit', I can see the content. If I click on 'view' I get a blank error page 404, not the content as seen in the editor.

The only changes I've made are rename the admin directory and upload an .htaccess with:

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

Don't think this is a rewrite error?

Not sure why the default pages won't open. Any suggestions?

I've tried it again.. all I get is error 404 and a blank page issued by my ISP. None of the main links seem to work on the homepage like 'Accessories', links that actually have content. Can't figure it out.

Not sure how to view the server log. I am using 1and1 (UK) and it installed fine once I specified to use PHP5. Now I'm trying to personalise content I'm noticing the issues.

I'm also baffled as the supplied htaccess.txt (now renamed .htaccess chmod 644 - also tried 755) looks like it's meant to catch error 404. It isn't. Pretty confused. Help!