Can't get theme001 working with 1.4

Hello,

After installing prestashop 1.4, i can not get this theme working:
http://blog.templatemonster.com/2010/06/21/free-prestashop-theme/

This worked correctly with prestashop 1.3, but now, when i installed 1.4, then some graphic is missing for this theme. Do i understand correctly, that this theme might not be supported by 1.4 prestashop?

Is anyone else facing the same problem with that theme?

Thank you for your help.

Ok about five minute ago i finished my first 1.4 theme that installed and works lol! For what i understand the 1.4 themes need a config.xml file so in a zip folder you would have
-config.xml file
-your theme folder (this would have another folder in it with the name of the theme and all it files)
-Your modules folder (this would have another folder inside that with all the modules that go with that theme)

NOW! I tried to install a config file with out the modules listed in it and it didn't work! So, i then added the module with the theme and added the config code back to that file and tried installing and it worked! My Goal was to re-name the theme to see how it works.

Your theme I think is for 1.3 x versions and is NOT configured for 1.4 versions the 1.4 versions has different configuration in the checkout and some other areas as you know. Here is the config file I am talking about---It will not let me upload the file i'll put it in a zip and try that

of course you would have to have these modules with your theme and replace the name of theme in config file or edit the modules in the config file to match those of your you have and want to install with the theme. version 1.4 you can install the modules at the same time as the theme with the theme installer in the back end.

Config.zip

folder theme name inside that two folders one theme one modules this is were the config file goes in the theme folder goes your theme named theme folder and all its files. in the modules folder put all the different modules to be used with the theme in there separate folders and also in the theme folder add those modules as well. the config file has to match all modules and settings to be used with theme. Good luck!

folder theme001:
-config
-css
-images
-img
-js
-lang
-modules

i've put config.xml in the config folder and theme001 but it didn't work, it say:
1. This theme may not correctly use "display store location". You can disable this function on this page
2.config.xml theme file has not been created for this version of prestashop.

This is what i did and it worked !
My Theme Folder1
theme folder2 & Modules folder2 & config file here also
inside theme folder another folder with the name of your theme and all those files you listed

Trulu try this look at the images I posted.
1. creat a folder and name it your themes name
2. set it up like image 1 "capture1"
3. in the theme folder add another folder with your theme name and inside that folder all theme files "capture 2"
4. in the modules folder add any folders with different modules

Additionally the first time i uploaded it and it worked I had my preferances on use smarty 2 instead of 3 however when i deleted it and tried again I got a white front office and had to change the preferances to use smarty 3 instead of 2 and as of now thats how the theme is set in my BO and things work fine or great!

Lastly you need to make sure that everything matches such as the modules in your package are the ones listed in the config file otherwise it probably will not work! I am still testing out things too don't forget and so far this is the only way i have gottin it to work. I also had to change permissions in my hosting panel the second time i installed the theme to "write"
Good luck and let me know how it turns out for you

40971_lPiwsBmKeSktynBC36k4_t

40972_YCWU0j28K7tItnyxX86Q_t

Hey just to let you know you can alwasy manually upload the theme and modules and set the smarty options under preferance for older themes However it may not work fully as i have been trying to sort this out but no one else around here seems too interested in it! The theme installer seems to need the configure file to work with the themes but i could be wrong what do i know?

mobili when editing the config file everything needs to match that your uploading! ie. moduls, list, hooks and so on. also if you can't get it to work like that then try and manually upload your theme via your hosting panel to the theme folder and modules to your module folder then in BO go to preferance and select your theme if you get a broken or whit front office change your smarty settings in the BO to 2 instead of 3

The config file is an example of whats needed to install a theme via the "theme installer" in version 1.4 you have to do the work yourself to get it to work witch includes setting up modules, hooks, and images.

If your always getting "Bad File" when installiing via the theme well then it's not configured right and doesn't match settings If this is an issue then try and upload your theme folder and modules via FTP directly to your hosting server. (this seems to be the easyest.

• Like 1

Forget the config file for a minute. What version of prestashop are you using? I download and looked at the theme you have to unzip it and go to the folder that says theme001 zip that folder and upload to your theme folder via FTP on your server use your cpanel. Then take the modules inside the module folder and install then via the back office one at a time you have to set up this theme by the modules to get it to look like the preview. (Nice free theme by the way)

In order to use the config file you would have to replace the modules in the config file with the ones in the theme some of them and set up the reset of the config file then it might work (Not guaranteing anything with this theme could have been made for 1.3 version)

The config file dictates how the theme is going to be installed and its modules so with that said for each theme it will have its own different config file for the theme installer in order for it to work.

If you have version 1.4 and I think this theme is for version 1.3 then your best bet is to upload folders through your hosting cpanel FTP and put the theme in the them folder and the modules in the module folder. then set smarty to use older theme in your back office.

Thanks for replay.
This is what I've done but it said me that the config file was missing.
I took then the conf.xml file and renamed it in config.xml and placed it in the root folder of the theme, and the theme worked.
But when I go to my website it don't show the products and the right column.
This is a Prestashop 1.3.1 theme, and I've got Prestahop 1.4
What can I do?

It sound like you have to configure your positions of your modules so they display the right way in your front office. But before you do that make sure the smarty setting is for the 1.3 theme not the 1.4 theme Check that out first. Also post or send a link so we can look at what your talking about.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

After installing prestashop 1.4, i can not get this theme working:
http://blog.templatemonster.com/2010/06/21/free-prestashop-theme/

This worked correctly with prestashop 1.3, but now, when i installed 1.4, then some graphic is missing for this theme. Do i understand correctly, that this theme might not be supported by 1.4 prestashop?

Is anyone else facing the same problem with that theme?

Thank you for your help.

You can download it here : http://weetrax.com/fr/19-mobile-store-pour-ps-v14.html

Wow i just read through all of this and was having the same problem. I have prestashop 1.4 and installed this theme then my whole front office went white. Im new to this and have no idea really what I am doing so my hosting provider (Ipage) said i just might have to install prestashop again. I did just that but still really want this theme!!! Also not to steal this thread or anything but can someone tell me what is wrong with my prestashop page concerning this issue? When clicking on the modules tab it loads the page but it remains blank. I cannot access the modules installed but all the tabs within modules work. No ones helped me with both this issue and the issue with the theme on this thread so help would GREATLY BE APPRECIATED!!!

• 1 month later...
Thanks for replay.
This is what I've done but it said me that the config file was missing.
I took then the conf.xml file and renamed it in config.xml and placed it in the root folder of the theme, and the theme worked.
But when I go to my website it don't show the products and the right column.
This is a Prestashop 1.3.1 theme, and I've got Prestahop 1.4
What can I do?

I've the same problem ... :-( right column and ceter column is missing.
Do you know why is not working ??? or how i can modify this theme for version 1.4 ???

• 2 months later...

I too had a similar problem that you guys are talking about. I am still working on the solution. I fixed the config file in the config folder. (the one called conf.xml, not config.xml)... I hooked everything the right way it says to be in the readme.pdf file that comes with the package. I hope this will help anybody that was having trouble with it. its quite simple to fix that one, but the actual config.xml file in the theme001 folder is the one im working on. I havent a clue what to do on that one. if you noticed since it is a 1.3 theme it doesnt have one there so i took one from another 1.4 theme and copied it there. it works to change themes but the theme displaying exactly like the demo. i know i will have to edit that one but not sure how. but any way hope the one i coded helps!

P.S. i also attached the readme and copied config file from the other theme...

conf.xml

config.xml

readme.pdf

If you installed the theme and are not able to see the front office or it's a broken theme than You also may have to set your "Smarty" setting to "Smarty2" so that the 1.3 version theme can be compatible with the 1.4 version if your using the current version.

BO>Preferences>Smarty2>Save

If you installed the theme and are not able to see the front office or it's a broken theme than You also may have to set your "Smarty" setting to "Smarty2" so that the 1.3 version theme can be compatible with the 1.4 version if your using the current version.

BO>Preferences>Smarty2>Save

thanks! this fixed alot of things except the images.... im pretty sure it has to do with where they are located in the directory

this is my shop as of right now...http://sparkzelectronics.co.cc/ i just started it yesterday so its fairly new. it showed a couple pictures tho take a look at the conf.xml file i uploaded. the pictures that are showing are in that file I'm thinking ima have to link every one of the banners.

So I decided to download a copy of the theme and install it on my demo website using prestashop version 1.4.4 I took a look at the file called conf.xml and I think who ever put the theme together just misspelled the conf and it should have been config, So, I then re-named the conf file to config and uploaded the theme set it in the back office and it worked perfectly and is displaying with no problems.

TANNERJP try re-naming the file and re-install again I think you might have better results with it.

Well your site looks much better now, everything else needs to be fixed in the back office via the "positions" tab this will allow you to move the front office modules in the positions you want them to display in the front office, but not all modules are able to displayed in any area some are for side bar and some are for just home page, the modules that came in the theme need to be activated in the back office and then you can finish setting them up if need be by clicking "configure" if they have one.

Featured products isn't displaying because it looks like you have no products set up and when you do you'll have to select "Home" for them to display on the home page, The advertising module I think the image ca be switched so, its a lot of work and I am sure over time you will have a complete web shop!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...